What is the International Moving for Students?
Moving to another country isn’t easy for anyone regardless of age, but for students it happens to be a little more challenging especially due to their lack of experience with international moves. Fortunately, there are many great overseas moving companies that cater to students and make the transition much easier and less costly. Any company that offers international relocations will have the knowledge needed to complete the transport without hindrance.
Aside from the proper packaging procedures, you’ll need to appease Customs by proving that you have followed all import laws associated with the nation you’re moving to. Your international student moving company should have the information needed but you should always call the embassy of the country to make sure you’re current with the import laws and tax rates. Start gathering the proof requested months ahead of time.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Proper Packaging Procedures
- Start packing weeks to months ahead of time depending on how much you intend to bring with you
- Pack a single room at a time starting with the room that gets the least attention
- Use the right packing materials and various box sizes
- Reduce the amount of your belongings by ridding of, selling or donating the items that are no longer of use to you. This will make the total of your international transport services much less
- Never overstuff the boxes. Boxes may easily bottom out, causing your possessions damage. Use small box sizes for heavier items and larger boxes for lighter items
- When wrapping dishes, place paper plates or foam sheets in between each one as you stack them neatly in a small box
- Take any valuables or personal items with you during the overseas move
- Take a picture of electronic hookups before you disassemble them. Then, place all screws and cords in a small bag and tape the bag to the electronic it belongs to before packing it up in its initial packaging
- Mark all boxes clearly and mark any boxes with breakable items as “Fragile”
- Make a list of all your belongings. Having a list of inventory will help you to make sure all items arrive safely to your home in the new nation
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.