International Moving and Storage
Overseas relocations aren’t necessarily the most fun to deal with. It takes a lot of preparation and time to properly ready for international moves. The longest part of the process is making sure that you remain in compliance with the country’s foreign import laws. In most cases, your international moving and storage company will have the knowledge and information you need, but to be sure, it’s wise to call the embassy of the nation months in advance. The embassy can provide you with the latest import policies as well as the current tax rates. All proof gathered according to the import laws must be shown to Customs if you are to gain import approval for your goods.
After you find the right international moving and storage company, decide what services you would like to purchase through them. Since you’re moving internationally, you may want to take advantage of the company’s storage solutions. Trying to move all your belongings to another country may get a little out of hand so if you don’t need everything you own, see what storage solutions the mover offers. You’ll find that they usually have several storage services including self-storage, temperature controlled units, and more.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Packing Your Goods for Overseas Transport
Depending on the country you’re moving to, not all of your goods may be permitted to cross the nation’s borders. You must make sure that everything you pack to have shipped internationally is permissible by the country first. Then, you must pack away your goods according to the mover’s instructions as well as the nation’s. Below, you’ll find some helpful packing tips.
- Use all the right packaging materials including various box sizes, packaging tape, permanent markers and labels, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, foam sheets, and other common packing supplies.
- Make sure all boxes are clearly labeled especially if the contents of the box includes any breakables. Then you must write “Fragile” on the surface of the box they’re in.
- Pack heavier items in smaller boxes and lighter items in larger boxes.
- If bringing furniture or other large, heavy items, pack according to the carrier’s requirements. You may need to have the item secured to a pallet or within a wooden crate.
- Keep a list of inventory so that you can track all of your possessions.
By following the proper packing procedures, your items face fewer risks and so do those caring for their transport and proper storage.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services