International auto transport is much different than continental auto transport because of much longer distances. Typically, this is done by boat, but you can also ship a vehicle internationally by airplane.
If you plan on transporting your vehicle by boat, you have two shipping solutions to choose from.
The roll on/roll off method is the least expensive and most common way to ship a vehicle overseas. You will need to prepare your car for this type of shipping. This type of shipping also requires that all personal possessions be removed from the vehicle.
Another form of auto transport to Oman is container shipping. This method provides the most security against theft and protection against weather. Anyone with a very valuable vehicle or classic car should consider this shipping option.
How to Prepare a Car for International Shipping.
- Check the air and fluid levels.
- Disable the security alarm.
- Make sure there is no more than a quarter of a tank of gas in the vehicle.
- Document the condition of the vehicle.
What is the Least Expensive Way to Ship a Vehicle Overseas?
Determining the cost of international auto transport is difficult, but you can get a free quote over the phone. To date, the least expensive way to ship a vehicle is by selecting the terminal to terminal, roll on/roll off method. Make sure to collect quotes from at least three different companies to get the best deal.
What Documents Do Customs Officials Require?
Customs rules and regulations tend to change frequently. So it is important that you stay up-to-date. The company you hire will be able to provide you with this critical information. If you want to make sure no rocks are left unturned, contact customs officials or the Embassy of Oman yourself and take notes. Below is a list of documents you will need.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Commercial Invoice/Bill of Sale.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory