Information Regarding Boat Transport Insurance
According to state law, all licensed transport companies must carry at least the minimum amount of insurance coverage. It is especially important that those shipping a boat assure that it is insured during its travels with the transporter. It isn’t likely that your boat will suffer damages during the transport especially when a reliable shipping company is hired for the job. However, having coverage is extremely wise and a great way to ease the mind during your vessels travels.
Your current insurance coverage won’t typically cover the boat during its time with the transport company. This why it’s a requirement that all licensed transporters must provide insurance coverage to every one of their customers. If harm is done to the boat, the shipping professionals are required to have the boat repaired and paid for through their insurance agent.
Most transporters only offer the minimal amount of insurance coverage. If this is the case, ask about purchasing additional coverage especially if shipping the boat a long distance or internationally.
Preparing the boat is one way to assure its safety. While you prepare the boat as requested, take pictures of its interior and exterior. These pictures will serve as proof of your boat’s condition before its transport. If any damages are noticed after the vessel is delivered, inform the shipping company immediately. One of the company’s professionals will perform an evaluation and fill out a report in which they’ll have you sign. The shipping company will then submit this signed report to their insurance company to begin a claim.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?