It is incredibly important to be as prepared as you can be before making a big move and transporting your automobile. As you begin to narrow down your list of potential auto transportation service companies, be sure to ask these very important and useful questions.
What will the total cost be?
As with any large service you hire, when you first meet with a representative you should absolutely ask for a quote. The potential service should break down the cost for you based on the following factors:
- The total distance that the car is being shipped.
- The make, model, and year of the car.
- A vehicle inspection report.
- What method of shipment you will be choosing.
It is important to remember that shipping a car is never going to be a cheap service. If the price you are initially quoted seems too good to be true, it probably is.
What are my options regarding insurance?
First, if you are discussing options with an auto transport service, and you learn that they do not offer any kind of insurance for your vehicle, do NOT conduct any business with them. Be sure to go over all the details and fine print of both your own personal auto insurance policies as well as your potential auto mover’s insurance policies. It will cover any damage, theft, or losses that may occur while the vehicle is out of your hands and being transported on the road.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Can I track my vehicle’s progress?
Some, but not all, auto transport companies offer customers the option to track the progress of their vehicle’s moving status via GPS satellite. It is highly recommended that you choose this optional feature, especially if you are running on a busy or tight schedule and need to know when your vehicle is expected to arrive. Even though it’s not a requirement to add on this tracking feature, many customers have expressed after the moving process that they wish they had been able to forecast when their car was going to arrive.
Do I need to be present when my vehicle is delivered?
It is a requirement that you or someone over the age of 18 is present at the arrival site to sign the bill, condition report at pick up, and delivery verifications. Really try your best to be present, because if you arrive after the auto transport service has already left and noticed some new damage, it will be much more difficult for you to make a claim to your insurance.
These are some of the most common and crucial questions to ask while you are planning your move and seeking out an auto transportation service. Be sure to get at least the answers to these questions, in addition to any other specific and personal questions you might have. In addition to filling out all the necessary paperwork and securing all the services you need to help you move, it is essential that you are as prepared as you can be before making a big move, no matter how close or how far away you are going.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory