Shipping something as precious and valuable as a car to another country is intimidating. So when you must ship your car to Austria from the U.S., make sure you hire a reputable overseas transporter service.
You want the most reassurance you can find in a company when you trust them with your vehicle.
One of the ways transport professionals are helpful is by helping their customers with the compliance of import laws. This is the trickiest part of the entire international shipping process. The laws change from time to time. It is highly recommended that anyone shipping outside of the U.S. contact the embassy of the country they’re shipping to. In this case, call the Embassy of Austria to learn of the current import laws in place.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Import Laws and Information on Shipping to Austria.
All regulations stated in the country’s import policy in regards to the vehicle must be met if import approval is to be achieved. Provide the Customs department with this proof to get the certificate needed for the car to make it lawfully into Austria.
- Vehicle Title & Registration.
- Vehicle Paperwork.
- Invoice/ Purchase Order.
- Form T 1 (if applicable).
- If relocating, import is duty free.
- Shipping customer must have owned the vehicle for 6 months prior to the transport.
- NOVA tax must be paid. This tax is anywhere from 8-14%.
- The car is approved separate from other goods.
- Custom clearance is necessary.
- File application for T 1 form.
When your vehicle is approved, the transport can begin. The car will easily enter the country safely. Make sure you’re at the proper port for the retrieval of the vehicle. Ports will not hold a vehicle without charging.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory