Best Illinois Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Moving is such a hassle. You need to make sure you shut off all your utilities, transfer medical records, and notify schools. All that has to happen before you even load a single box. Then, you have to actually do the hard work. You have to pack everything into boxes, convince friends and family to help you with the heavy lifting, put it all into a truck or van, and hope and pray nobody broke anything. It doesn’t matter if you are just moving to the next town, or across the country, it is still a huge headache. If the thought of it makes your skin crawl, you should consider hiring a moving company to help. They can’t shut your utilities off for you, but they can handle the heavy lifting.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Chicago to Detroit||237 miles||$2,162- $2,688||$4,870- $7,043||2-4|
|Ohio to Chicago||290 miles||$2,204- $2,740||$4,244- $6,104||2-4|
|Memphis to Joliet||495 miles||$2,495- $3,120||$4,870- $7,043||2-4|
|Joliet to Asheville||510 miles||$2,530- $3,166||$4,940- $7,142||2-4|
|Oklahoma to Illinois||722 miles||$2,802- $3,520||$5,522- $8,010||3-5|
|Boston to Aurora||883 miles||$3,048- $3,842||$6,056- $8,816||3-5|
|Denver to Joliet||897 miles||$3,032- $3,820||$6,016- $8,754||3-5|
|Aurora to Miami||1198 miles||$3,356- $4,242||$6,706- $9,784||4-6|
|Illinois to Arizona||1453 miles||$3,668- $4,649||$7,373- $10,777||4-6|
|Chicago to Seattle||1744 miles||$4,021- $5,109||$8,131- $11,914||5-7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Choosing Your Illinois Long Distance Movers
Any time you do business with an Illinois moving company, you should research them carefully. Here are a couple of things you should be looking at.
- Check reviews online: You should always research a company you plan on doing business with online. Sites like Yelp can be helpful.
- How much experience does this company have: It is better to work with movers that have been in the business for years. A company with more experience is better able to handle any issues.
- Federally registered: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- Will I be protected in the event of damages: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Extra services available: Many moving companies will offer additional services to make moving with them even easier such as packing and unpacking services. You should see what is available and how much extra it will cost.
- How easy can you contact them: If there is an issue, you want to be able to ensure that you can reach the company. Hiring a business with a local office can be helpful.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Illinois movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Illinois Long Distance Movers?
The cost of using a moving company can be affected by things like the distance being traveled, the cost of fuel, the number and weight of the items you need to move, and what additional services you require. It can be helpful to call around to a few different companies to compare quotes. Most companies will offer a free estimate.
What to Know before You Sign that Contract
- Any additional services you have requested should be listed on the contract clearly with the associated costs.
- Make sure that all information on the contract is correct including the addresses you are moving from and moving to.
- The mover’s policy on damages should be listed on your agreement.
Helpful Moving Advice
- It is better to leave all boxes in the rooms they were packed in, rather than stacking them all together.
- You should consider transporting any jewelry or valuables with you.
- Request a copy of the inventory sheet for your records. Note any claims of pre-existing damage.
- Your homeowner’s insurance policy may cover any accidental damages during a move. You should contact your insurance agent to find out.
International Moving Services in Illinois
Each part of an international move can easily affect the others leading to either a smooth project or to delays and inflated costs.
If you haven’t handled the packing properly, it’s likely something will break. This is why most companies don’t guarantee the items’ safety if they haven’t packed them themselves. If you want to have this assurance, allow professionals to handle it.
Certain paperwork must be prepared when passing borders. It can differ from one country to another, so preparation is essential. Our team will handle this for you. You can check up on our progress through the phone at any point during the project.
Illinois Cross Country Movers for Hire
New City Moving
2929 N. Campbell Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Illinois Movers Inc.
#225 Skokie, 8170 McCormick Blvd.
Skokie, IL 60076
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Illinois Storage Facility Directory
Galesburg, IL 61401
National Mini Warehouses
1408 W. Anthony Dr.
Urbana, IL 61802
2301 W. Algonquin Rd.
Algonquin, IL 60102