Idaho Falls Long Distance Moving Companies
Idaho Falls is a significant tourist attraction mainly due to its many destination sites. In 2010, the city was named one the Best Places to Raise Kids. Moving can be triggered by career change, an urge to change your lifestyle or explore a different place. Whether moving across town, the city or country let A-1 Auto Transport handle all the logistics involved. We are the premier moving company in Idaho offering the most affordable prices. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to make your move easier
- When looking for boxes, make sure they are of different sizes and have firm edges to support your household items. Maintain a maximum weight of 50 pounds to make it easy to carry them. Pack heavy items in small boxes and light items in large boxes.
- When labeling your boxes, indicate which side should face up and the contents inside. Use colors to differentiate the rooms each box is destined for. You can also include a big sign like ‘Boxes through here’ to help guide the movers when unloading.
- Find a babysitter to take care of your kids on moving day. Moving requires attention, and your kids may get in the way of movers.
- Since packing may take a lot of your time, you can ask for friends and family to help you. You can invite them on one weekend and assign them specific tasks for more efficiency.
- Arrange to have your utilities turned off at your old house and turned on in the one at least 24 hours before moving out. There’s nothing worse than moving into a house without water or electricity.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why hire a professional moving company?
- Reliability: When you hire a professional mover, you sign a binding contract that must be honored. The movers will show up on the date agreed and provide all the services you paid for. Relying on friends may lead to frustrations especially if they fail to show up. The movers will even call to remind you of the upcoming move.
- Equipment: To safely carry your items from the house and load them into the trucks, you need the right tools and equipment. Hire a professional mover who is well equipped and trained to handle heavy and delicate items. They use straps, blankets and dollies to protect your items from getting damaged while being moved around.
- Liability: With a professional mover, you can rest assured that your items will be handled professionally throughout the moving process. The movers are liable for any damage to your belongings and will do their best to provide protection. They provide adequate insurance, and you're guaranteed of compensation in case of an accident.
How to find a good moving company
- Credentials: Trusted moving companies must be registered and licensed by the FMCSA. If you are moving long distance, ask the mover for their USDOT Number or check validity on their website. Various states require movers to have business permits to operate.
- Estimates: A reputable mover offers free moving quotes to customers upon inquiry. They send in their experts for a thorough assessment of what needs to be moved. The experts will then give you an accurate amount for the move. Avoid hiring movers who give estimates over the phone.
- Reviews: To get real insights into the reputation of a moving company, read online reviews from real customers. The Better Business Bureau is a credible source of information as well as MyMovingReviews.com. You can also contact the companies directly and ask for customer references.
- Contact information: A reputable moving company clearly displays its contacts and brand on its trucks and vans. Their staff should also be in uniform for easy identification. Avoid movers who use unmarked vehicles since it makes it difficult to track them.
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Pet transport
- Coast to coast moving
- Corporate moving
- Furniture relocation
- Storage services
- Packing supplies
- Door to door moving
- Military relocation
- Cheap Idaho Falls movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
As an industry leader in Idaho, A-1 Auto Transport takes pride in the many awards won for quality service delivery. We hire only qualified staff who undergo extensive training to sharpen their skills to serve you better. Whether your move is small or big, you can trust us for a fast, secure and safe delivery.
Reach us on 888-509-3213 to get advice on the best services available for you. Get your free moving estimates now by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.