There are low cost, efficient and safe ways to transport a motorcycle amongst all of the less reliable alternatives. If getting a motorcycle transported to another state seems to be too much of a hassle to do alone, with professional assistance it can be done with no problems.
Find a reputable Huron motorcycle transport company to carry out your shipping process for you.
- Enclosed Transport - This is considered the safest way to transport a motorcycle. The bike is protected from any potential transportation hazards and driving hazards.
- Open Air Transport - This is also a very popular method movers utilize in the transportation of their motorcycle. As long as the customer does not mind their bike being slightly exposed to the elements and driving conditions, their bike will arrive at its destination safely.
- Door to Door Delivery - This convenient method means that the bike will be picked up at a specific location and delivered to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal Delivery - This method is very safe, reliable and cost effective. However it can be considered less convenient for those who do not live near the depot where the bike will be delivered to.
- Crated Transport - This method may require some extra preparation before the bike can be transported. Depending on the bike, the customer may have to remove the mirrors and handlebars, drain the fluids and disconnect the battery.
What to Do before the Shipping Process Begins.
- Clean the bike of all dirt and grime.
- Remove any lose objects and accessories.
- Disconnect the alarm system.
- Check the fluids, tire pressure and battery.
- Gas reading should not be above ¼ tank before transport.
- Document and list all damages to the motorcycle.
This list of priorities will ensure the safety of the motorcycle as it makes its journey. When completed, the customer will have the peace of mind they need during their travels to their new residence. The professional in charge of transporting the bike will follow a standard procedure and will deliver it safely to the location.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.