Huntersville Long Distance Moving Companies
Huntersville is located in Mecklenburg County. It’s known as a lake community because it is very close to Lake Norman and Mountain Island Lake. Some of the activities you can engage in include doing boating and skiing. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc we move people to or from Huntersville. We also offer auto transport services.
Precautions when hiring movers
Many movers will exercise due diligence when it comes to handling your move. However, you will still need to exercise precaution in choosing and working with movers:
- Start your search offline. This is because many unscrupulous people have set up fancy moving websites with fake testimonials and managed to dupe innocent clients. Ask for referrals of movers within Huntersville from friends, family or your property agent. You can also check in the Yellow Pages for locally listed movers.
- After making a shortlist of potential movers, go online and look up their websites, check their online reviews and/or complaints from other clients. Also check if they are authorized by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to carry out long distance moves. It helps if your movers are registered with the American Moving & Storage Association.
- Engage your chosen movers for a quote. Your chosen movers should then follow up the quote with a free local area estimate that will be used to prepare your moving order. Be cautious of a mover who refuses to come for the local area assessment; especially if they give you unusually low quotes.
- Be sure to get a written estimate that captures all the charges that your move will entail. Do not sign any moving documents if you are unsure of anything. Clarify and confirm everything to avoid hidden charges from being added to your bill.
- Do not work with a mover who only takes cash payments or one who wants to be paid more than 25% of the moving cost upfront.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Things movers do not carry
Long distance movers have a variety of items they are required not to carry by law for your own safety and that of your property. You should ask your moving company to provide you with the list of items they do not carry in Huntersville. Different companies have different policies and some may carry some things at an additional cost. The items are classified into three main categories:
- Perishable items: These items go bad very quickly and can cause damage to your other items. They will include refrigerated food items. Some movers carry perishable items but only over short distances and only within 24 hours. It is advisable to reduce on your groceries at least two weeks before the move. Where it is not possible to finish your stock, give it away to neighbors, family or friends.
- Hazardous items: These items are highly combustible, likely to explode or are corrosive in nature. These items may include car batteries, nail polish remover, liquid bleach and washing agents, paints and fertilizer. Some of these items look very harmless. You can get a full list from your mover before the moving day to allow you to either dispose of them or give them away.
- Valued possessions: These are items that have sentimental value to you and that you cannot afford to lose. These may include medication, family passports, jewellery, safes, souvenirs, title deeds, wills and other important things. It is highly advisable to scan copies of all your important documents before the move.
Our services in Huntersville
We are committed to making your move to, from or within Huntersville smooth with our variety of services:
- Free moving estimates
- Free moving advice
- Storage services
- Military relocations
- Packing and unpacking services
- Loading and offloading services
- Rigging and hoisting for bulky items
- Coast-to-coast moves – local, national or international
- Auto transport for all types of vehicles – luxury, all-terrain or military
A-1 Auto Transport your reliable mover
- With the number of offices we have across the country and the world, we can comfortably move you from Huntersville to any location of your choice.
- We have the best customer service.
- We have over 25 years of experience conducting all types of moves.
Get a free quote today
Get your free no obligation quote today by filling the form at the top of this page. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our agents will get in touch with you. You can also call one of our representatives on 888-509-3213. You will love our prices!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.