Fall is generally the best time of the year to move, for many different valid reasons. It is already a beautiful time of the year to enjoy seasonally. If you make the wise decision to move during the fall, here are some tips to help the process go smoothly.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, House Moving Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Benefits of Moving During the Fall Season
Here are just a few of the benefits of moving during the fall season:
- Cheaper services. Since almost everyone does all of their travelings during the summer months, prices for moving services, gas, hotels, and airfare drop significantly starting in September. This makes it easy for you to find great rates. Just remember to schedule your move before the Holidays, as prices will start to hike back up the closer you get to Thanksgiving.
- Cooler temperatures and weather. Fall is well known for having the perfect and ideal weather conditions. It is generally not too hot and not too cold throughout the country for most states. This is especially true of the East Coast, where you will also get an added reward of beautiful scenic views on your move in day.
Preparing To Move In The Fall
There are some unique conditions that come with moving during the fall season. Here are some tips to successfully navigate these conditions:
- Clean and clear any and all walkways. As fall arrives, the leaves off of trees begin to fall. Depending on where you live now and where you are moving to, the foliage underfoot may grow to overwhelming proportions. Make sure to have all of this underbrush cleared out of the way on moving day so you can transport your items much more easily to and from the truck. If you do not have the time to do this, hire a teenager in the neighborhood to clear the leaves for you.
- Wear appropriate clothing. The Fall season is all about wearing layers. Be sure to have a light layer of clothing to start, and have a sweater and jacket on hand as well if a cold breeze starts to come in. Be sure to wear pants as well, even if it is a warm day, and wear sensible shoes, such as flat boots.
- Protect yourself and your belongings from the rain. It might even start to rain, so be sure to have rain gear at the ready as well, just in case. You might want to wear rain boots from the start of the day since they will be sturdy no matter what climate you find yourself in. Do not wear flip flops or heels, even if there is not a cloud in the sky. It might be a good idea also to have a few blankets or a large sheet of the tarp at the ready in case of a sudden and unexpected downpour. Having a sort of cover ready to go will ensure your belongings remain safe and dry and will prevent any rust or damage to your belongings.