Moving from the USA to Costa Rica isn’t an easy undertaking. You need a lot of different things to assure a safe relocation, especially when you plan on sending over belongings.
To ship a car to Costa Rica, use a reputable international shipping service near your home. Make sure they have everything needed, including the experience to ship your car safely to another country.
Every country has the right to set their import laws. They tend to change and alter these laws frequently. It is suggested that all shipping customers contact the Embassy of Costa Rica to learn of current import regulations and tax rates. The retained information will help tremendously as you prepare your vehicle for the shipping process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Choosing Your Shipping Services.
The shipping services you use for your vehicle will predict how it arrives in Costa Rica and whether or not you pack other possessions for the transport. There are various transport services. The services offered depend on the company you go through to get your car delivered.
- Roll on/Roll off a.k.a the RO/RO method is an open air transport service.
- Container transport allows other belongings to ship with the car. It also protects the car behind four metal walls, keeping it safe from poor weather conditions during its transport.
- High priority services include expedited and guaranteed delivery options.
- Door to door delivery services send the transporter to the location where the car is stored to retrieve it and deliver it to its new home in Costa Rica.
- Satellite tracking services allow the customers to watch their vehicle make its way to Costa Rica in real-time through Internet driven devices.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.