Shipping a truck across the country is a great way to avoid causing damage to it or increasing its mileage. This is why many professionals in the sales and trade of automobiles will hire an experienced shipping company to handle the relocation of their vehicles. Luckily, these services are cost effective and cheap. Many dealerships will benefit from discounts when they ship multiple vehicles out to the same location at once. However, even without a discount, the rates for shipping a truck cross country are very reasonable and you’re likelier to save money by hiring an expert than you are renting all the necessary equipment to deliver the truck on your own.
Once you’ve found a truck shipping company you trust and you have a date locked in place, start preparing your truck for its journey cross country. The type of shipping process you selected for your truck will determine exactly how the vehicle must be prepped for its delivery. Nevertheless, there are some things you can do to prepare the vehicle so that it remains safer as it travels with the transporter.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tips to Get Your Truck Ready for Delivery.
- Wash the outside of the truck so that there is no dirt or debris. It should shine in the sun and all markings the vehicle may suffer from should be visible.
- Clean out the entire inside of the truck. Make sure there isn’t anything that doesn’t belong with the vehicle left inside. If you chose container shipping methods, this isn’t necessary. Otherwise, make sure you clean out the interior the best you can, leaving only floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack. Any extra weight may raise the price of the shipping service.
- Take pictures of any damage already done to the truck. Take pictures of its inside and outside. You can refer to these pictures after the shipping process has concluded to see if any further harm was done to the vehicle while it was in the care of the transporter.
- Check all fluids and make sure the fuel tank doesn’t read above a quarter of a tank. Fill all tires with air.
- Gather any documentation asked for by the transport company. This may include the vehicle’s title and registration as well as your license.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory