Moving With A Baby
Moving day is going to overwhelming and stressful no matter what, and this fact is only more true if you are going to be moving with a young baby in the house as well. Here are some tips to help make the entire moving process from start to finish easier on both you and your young one.
Prepare Your Baby The Best You Can
Be sure to take the time early in the moving process to get your baby all of the amenities and help it will need to help it remain safe and secure during the move.
- Effectively plan your route. If you are driving to your new location, make sure there will be frequent rest stops along the way where you can change your baby’s diaper and feed them often. If the trip is especially long, find a rest stop that has a 24-hour hotel where you can ensure your baby receives a good night’s sleep.
- Find a babysitter. You will probably want to find a new babysitter or caretaker in your new neighborhood as soon as possible. There are many sites that can assist you in this process, and you will want to get this taken care of sooner rather than later in case you find you need extra help as you are unpacking your new home. You might also want to hire a babysitter or caregiver to watch over your baby on move-in day, to relieve some of the stress on your part.
- Find a pediatrician. Once again, find this service for your baby sooner rather than later. It is ideal to have all of these important services ready and taken care of the moment you arrive at your new destination. Should anything suddenly come up, you will be prepared.
Packing Up and Unpacking the Baby’s Room
Pack the baby’s room last during the packing process. Let your baby remain in comfortable and familiar surroundings for as long as possible. This will ensure they remain well rested leading up to the moving day.
Once you arrive at your new home, unpack the baby’s room first, so that once again they can get back into the routine of comfortable and familiar surroundings.
Hire A Professional Moving Service
Babies tend to take up a lot of your time and energy, so it would probably be beneficial to hire a professional moving service to help you transport your items to your new home. This will cost a little more, but it might just be too difficult for you to try to move all on your own without at least some professional help.
Moving Day Essentials
Here is what to bring with you on moving day:
- A lot of diapers
- A safe car seat
- Changing mat, baby wipes, and baby powder
- Bottles and formula/milk/baby food
- First aid kit
- The baby’s favorite toys and blankets
- A stroller
- Extra clothing to accommodate for various and unpredictable weather conditions
Once again, make sure your baby is top priority on this hectic day. Make sure that they remain calm and feel as comfortable as they can be.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.