- Moving Out Of State On A Budget
- Packing Your Belongings For A Move
- Packing Your Stuff Right…
- Other Ways To Cut Costs
Moving out of State on a Budget
Moving out of state is always a hassle especially if you try to cut costs and perform a lot of the tasks without the help of professionals. Fortunately, the cost of moving services is cheap and even known as cost efficient. You don’t have to go with all the services offered by the moving company. All movers offer a variety of services to give their customers more options including full service moving and other useful services. Although it is worth it to hire a mover, you can go without the optional services to try and cut costs a little more.
Packing Your Belongings for a Move
Instead of purchasing full service packing, you can pack away your stuff on your own. If you decide to pack on your own, you must do so according to the standards of the moving company you hired for the loading and unloading process.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, House Moving Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Packing your stuff right…
- Always use the proper packaging materials. Buy different sized moving boxes, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, packaging tape, and permanent markers. You can also use linens, newspaper, Styrofoam and other household materials to secure your stuff within the boxes.
- All boxes must be labeled legibly with the room they are to go in. You can also use color coding. Keep the boxes and furniture stored against the walls in the same room. This helps the movers tremendously.
- All furniture, appliances and large electronics should be covered in stretch wrap, moving blankets or paper. If using moving blankets and furniture pads, secure them with stretch wrap. Make sure that the legs and corners of the items are covered. Never hesitate to overwrap, it only protects your stuff more during the move.
- Disassemble any furniture if it can be done. This will make it easier for the laborers to lift, move and secure in the truck for the move.
Other Ways to Cut Costs
Aside from packing on your own, you can cut costs in other areas too. For instance, you can move during the off season, lighten the weight of your belongings by having a garage sale or donating items before moving, and asking about any discounts or promotions you might qualify for.