Making Your New Place in the United Kingdom Feel Like Home
Moving overseas to another nation is a process that brings out all kinds of emotions. Relocating afar takes a lot of preparation and time. It can quickly become stressful especially since you must abide by foreign import policies. Deciding on what and what not to bring with you is another part of moving that’s never a lot of fun. Although the act of relocating has its pitfalls, the end result makes it all worth it. Once you’re settled into your new home in the UK, the excitement of living in a new nation will set in.
One of the best things you can do once your belongings arrive is start unpacking right away. Settling in confirms that you’re now that your move to the United Kingdom is official. Transporting some of your favorite pieces and sentimental belongings to the UK will make it easier to adjust. You want to make your place feel like home, somewhere that feels familiar to you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to Help You Create that Homey Feeling
- Don’t have all your belongings shipped to the UK, but have professionals deliver any furniture or possessions that hold sentimental value and that you can find a use for.
- Unpack right away and start setting up your home. Creating your space will make it easier to settle in.
- Bring pictures of family and friends that you can frame and place around the house. Otherwise, don’t have too much of your home decor shipped over to the UK.
- Try to set up areas of your new home similar to the way it was in the US. The familiarity of the space will bring comfort.
- As time passes, start incorporating pieces you find as you explore and get acquainted with the nation. Mixing and matching old and new foreign items will make decorating your place more exciting.
- Create a peaceful atmosphere by adding candles, plants and other such items around the house once your furniture is in place.
- Get acquainted with your neighbors. Introducing yourself to those that live around you will make the transition smoother and hopefully gain you some new friends.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.