Loading Items Into Your Car
Everyone will have to move from one house to another at some point in their life. For you to make such a move without stressing yourself, you will have to plan early and ensure that you have organized all your items ready for loading and transportation. Whether or not you hire a mover and regardless of whether you are moving long distance or just across the city, the success of your move will depend on how well you load your items.
And while most items will need to go into the moving truck, there are those items that should be ferried in your car. Here are a few tips to help you safely load items into your car:
- Sort what items you need to move: Before you even start packing, it is important to have a clear picture of what items you need in your new home. You should then load your car with items that your moving company will not carry. For example, you may need to transport your electronics by car.
- Capitalize on space: While you may feel that the space in your car is not enough to accommodate all the items you plan to carry, there is always enough space if you load your items wisely. For example, if you are not using the rear seats, collapsing them can give you extra space to load more items. In addition, if your car has wheel wells, you can use them to store bags of clothes, or backpacks. There is still some room within your spare tire to stash several items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Load all the essential items first: Do not overestimate your car’s space even after making enough preparation. It is advisable to load all the items that you cannot do without first. To make sure that all the items you need during the journey are within reach, pack them in a special place. Such consideration does away with the problem of accessing items as you move.
- Do not block the windows: As you focus on cramming all that you can into your car, do keep visibility in mind. Ensure that the windows remain clear, unobstructed; this is not only a requirement within the highway code; it is a necessary safety measure for you and anyone else you will have with you in the car.
- Do not forget your car’s balance: The balance of your car is essential for safe and easy driving. Having heavy items on one side can affect the car’s balance and trigger an accident or even lead to high consumption of fuel. Ensure that you spread heavy items evenly in the car for smooth driving, and consumption of less fuel.
Loading items into your car as you move is inevitable. Sort out your belongings to identify essential items that you should load in the car and maximize its space as much as you can. Hiring an experienced mover can save you a lot of stress regarding loading items into your car.