Loading Furniture Into Your Pick-Up Truck
Making a long distance move can be stressful especially if you have heavy furniture to transport. However, by adopting the right tips on how to reduce stress while moving, you can easily transport any of your items regardless of the distance. One of the best ways is to prepare early for the move and engage the services of a reputable mover. Ultimately, how best you load heavy items such as furniture into the moving truck dictates the ease of your move.
As you prepare for the big move, here are a few insights into how to load furniture into your pickup truck.
- Does the pickup have enough accessories and add-ons? Before you even think about loading the furniture into the truck, one of the important things to do for a smooth long distance move, is evaluate the accessories and add-ons the pickup has. Perhaps, you may need to have extra rails or anchoring systems to offer extra protection and support to your furniture. Do ensure the truck has the necessary support system to hold your furniture firmly in place.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Get enough loading and packing supplies: To prevent scratching and denting from occurring while on transit, you need to ensure you pack and load all your furniture well and safely into the truck. Some important things that you will need include plastic and tarp wrap, cardboard boxes, packing tapes, moving blankets, ratchet straps or cords to secure the furniture.
- Place heavier furniture next to the cab: How well a truck makes contact with the road matters most especially when moving many items. It is advisable to move all the heavy furniture towards the truck’s bed and next to the cab. Such weight distribution gives the truck the necessary balance for the axles to have the weight required for making the appropriate contact with the road when moving.
- Place large furniture on their sides, and on the sides: Large furniture such as mirrors, tables, sofa sets, etc. can be troublesome to move. Use such furniture to create enough room for other smaller pieces by placing them on the sides of the pick-up truck and near the walls. In addition, by placing the furniture on their sides, you create the required balance and hence, the truck gains stability.
- Secure your furniture: Any slight movement can lead to enormous damage on the furniture and any other items tucked in between. Use high-quality ratchet straps to fasten your furniture so that there is no movement in the course of transportation. If you cannot get the appropriate securing materials, talk to your moving company, since they often have professional packing supplies.
It is the expectation of any individual moving their furniture to a new home to have them delivered in one piece. In most cases, such a dream does not come true especially where a reckless mover is involved. It is recommended you search widely for a reliable moving company to help you load and move your furniture.