How To Load And Fasten Delicate Appliances And Furniture
Furniture and appliances are some of the things in your house that can be hard and stressful to load and move safely without worrying about a few scratches and breakage especially if you are making a long distance move. For example, if you are moving a fridge, or a dishwasher, you will be worried that they will get a scratch here, and a scrape there. However, with the right tools and equipment, and the expertise of a qualified moving company, you will not have to worry that your expensive furniture and appliances will get damaged in the course of the move.
Here is a guideline on how to load, fasten, and move delicate appliances and furniture.
Loading is the process of lifting anything and placing it in a waiting automobile. The equipment and approach you use to load your delicate appliances and furniture determines whether or not these items get damaged.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Use lifting tools and equipment: it is important to make use of appropriate lifting tools to load such items safely onto the moving truck. If you do not have the right ones, your moving company can provide upon request.
- Do not load alone: While you could do all the loading by yourself, some of these appliances and furniture are both delicate and heavy and need to be handled with care. Always, get another person to help you lift and load the items safely.
- Slide the items: Sometimes, it just is not advisable to carry or drag large and delicate items. Sliding them is a much safer and easier way to move large furniture and fragile appliances. You can design your sliders using plastic container covers, or even towels, blankets, etc.
- Disassemble the appliances and furniture: Some appliances and furniture are best moved and loaded in their disassembled form.
Appliances and furniture are some of the items you need to take care of when moving to a new home. There are several ways that you can fasten such items to ensure their safety until you get to your destination. Some of these ways include:
Using tape: Get a moving tape from any mover and use it to fasten all your fragile appliances and furniture. In addition, cords and ropes are better fastening materials to prevent any slight movement in the course of the move that can lead to significant damage.
Pads, cardboards and blankets: You will need to protect your items from scratches. You can do this by placing moving pads, blankets or cardboard between the appliances or furniture to cushion them against shocks and scrapes.
Loading and fastening fragile appliances and furniture can be a daunting task. However, if done well, it can protect your items from unnecessary damage. As such, it is important you acquire the right loading and fastening tools to stand a better chance. Take time to look for and hire the best moving company; this will ensure that your delicate appliances and furniture are loaded and fastened safely.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services