Moving can actually be a fun and exciting process. One of best of these is actually meeting your new neighbors and also getting to know or find your way around the new town. No doubt your new area has many great things you have been looking to learn about and explore. From restaurants to museums and even parks or special events, you have to find them first. Here are some ideas for finding your way around.
Using Online Resources
There are tons of different websites and online resources that can be used to help find your way around your new town. In fact, some have been specifically designed to help you find new places, with maps, turn-by-turn directions, and even the ability to map out alternative routes. Here are some examples:
- MapQuest: This is a great place for finding turn-by-turn directions and alternative routes. You can even view traffic flow indicators, based on the time of the day you would be traveling.
- City-Go-Round: This can be a great resource that will help you locate useful websites and applications related to your new city or area. Just type in a zip code and then you find tons of resources that will be directly applicable for your new area.
- Google Maps: Another really amazing resource. It offers maps and you can even zoom in to the street level in order to see houses, businesses, and intersections. Choose directions for driving, walking, or even using public transit.
Maps & GPS
These can be used depending on whether you like low tech or high tech. The GPS can go directly in your car and relies on satellites to plot a course from your current location to any destination entered into the device. The nice thing is that if you happen to make a wrong turn, the GPS device is capable of adjusting and displays the new route almost immediately.
Maps are good low-tech tools to help find your way around a new town or city. This can help your general orientation and could even be a great combination with those internet site generated directions. City maps also may come with a listing of local businesses. They can also be an excellent way to find some of the best scenic routes through your new area.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Word Of Mouth
Oftentimes, using people who are local to the new town will be the best way to get around and find things. Sure, this might mean getting out there and meeting the neighbors, but you need to do this anyway. Also, focus on talking with new co-workers or other trusted sources. Above all, have fun while you are exploring.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?