So, you have decided to not only take the significant plunge of moving to a new area, but you have also further made the decision to split the rental costs by moving into an apartment or house with a roommate. The next step to take from here is to actually go about finding a roommate, presuming that you are not going to be moving in the new living space with a friend. Follow this guide to learn about some helpful resources that can assist you in your search for a good roommate:
More and more people are choosing to use online resources to help them find a roommate. It is a good idea to use an online roommate service if you are moving to a location far away from your current home and you will not be able to physically go to the area to meet any potential roommates in person. As long as you screen all potential roommates’ profiles carefully and wisely, you will be able to find a great match for a roommate to move into your new lodgings with. Here are some of the best sites you can use to find a roommate in your area:
Each of these websites allows you to break down your search by state, zip code, and neighborhood. You can also filter out roommate profiles by gender, smoking preference, pet preference, age, and what they are asking for in regards to your contribution of the rent.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ads In The Local Newspapers And On Craigslist
Many people still resort to what is now considered old-fashioned methods of finding a new roommate. These methods involve placing ads in newspapers and on online sites such as craigslist.org. However, the one crucial reason why many people have stopped relying on these services to find a roommate is due to the overwhelming number of scams that can entrap people. Be sure to follow these tips to make sure you avoid any potential scams or traps:
- Try to stick to resources that require a paid membership or a fee to place any ads. These kinds of conditions will generally deter most scammers.
- Be wary of ads that are not specific or do not give enough detail. For example, many scammers will only list the state they are in, rather than the neighborhood, street, or full address.
- Conduct a Google search on the email address that is provided in the ad (if there was no email address given, chances are high that it is a fake ad).
If you do decide to reach out to an online or otherwise unknown advertiser, follow these tips to ensure your safety:
- Do not give out any personal information. This includes bank statements, current address, social security number, and any credit card information.
- If you decide to meet up with the potential roommate, do so in an open and neutral location, such as a diner or coffee shop, to make sure you remain safe.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?