- Factors That Influence Your Car Shipping Costs
- Think Beyond The Rates
- Do You Need A Reliable Auto Carrier To Ship Your Car? We're The Ones!
"How much will it cost to ship my car?"
That's probably the first thing you will ask yourself when you realize that you need to ship your vehicle to a new location.
Luckily, most auto shipping companies offer free estimates or online calculators that can help you get a good idea of how much you can expect to pay. So, all that's left is to shop around and look for the cheapest offer right?
Here's what these shipping estimates mean and how to choose the right one for you.
Factors That Influence Your Car Shipping Costs
Auto-shipping companies will look at various factors to estimate the cost of transporting your car from point A to point B.
- Distance - The longer the distance, the higher the cost. That's because the fuel consumption will be higher, the mileage, and the number of hours it will take the driver to get there.
- The Location - Where you need to ship your car will also influence the price. If you need to ship it to a big metropolis that will require the driver to take a more popular route, then that can add to the cost. Likewise, if the location is harder to reach and it doesn't offer too much room to maneuver the vehicle, that can also add up to the final bill.
- The Time of the Year - Summer and early autumn are usually busy periods for auto shipping companies. The weather is great, the kids are out of school, and people usually have more time to plan and execute a move. However, this convenience also comes with a price as rates during the high season are considerably higher than during winter or early spring.
- The Shipping Option - How you choose to have your vehicle transported can also influence the cost. An open carrier, for instance, is cheaper than an enclosed one, but price shouldn't be your only consideration. An enclosed carrier will protect your vehicle from the elements and it's a better option if you own a luxury car.
Think Beyond The Rates
Yes, car shipping services can be expensive and it might be tempting to opt for the cheapest option you find. However, a cheap, "too good to be true" option might come with some hidden, unexpected costs.
If the price is too low, then it might mean that the carrier will likely tow your vehicle and that can increase the risk of damage. Moreover, likely, the company doesn't have sufficient insurance coverage and if something happens during transit, they won't be able to cover the cost of the damage inflicted.
Do You Need a Reliable Auto Carrier to Ship Your Car? We're the Ones!
Car shipping costs can vary quite a lot depending on where you want to ship your car, the time of the year, the type of shipping you are opting for, and so on. We encourage all our customers to do extensive research and compare shipping rates as well as the service provided by the carrier before they decide.
And, as mentioned before, don't let the price be the main factor when choosing a carrier. Make sure that the company you are working with has extensive knowledge and experience in the industry, is licensed, and follows state and federal rules and regulations. You should also check their insurance options. Federal law requires auto shipping companies to carry some level of insurance, but you should check to ensure that amount is enough for you.
If you have any questions or want to learn about the services A-1 Auto Transport can provide, don't hesitate to call us at 18004522880.