How To Deal With Your Lease/Rental Contract If You Have To Change Your Moving Date Forward
You may have planned your move well in advance and you were ready to go. Your landlord and the long distance mover you had hired are well aware that you are to make a move and know the specific date. What happens when something sets you back and you have to change your moving date forward? We at A1 Auto Transport can accommodate changes when they are communicated early enough.
There are two main types of tenancy agreements:
- Rental agreements: This type of agreement offers the tenant with the right to occupy the property for a short period of time (usually a month). The agreement is renewed automatically at the end of the period. The landlord or the tenant can terminate the contract by submitting a written notice to the other party. In most circumstances, the tenant does not owe any explanation as to why they are ending the contract. Laws differ from state-to-state and in some locations, the law dictates who should end the contract
- Lease: In this type of tenancy agreement, the tenant can occupy the premises for a fixed period of time (minimum of 6 months). After this period expires, the contract ends the tenant may move or continue staying in the premises under a rental agreement. Unlike the rental agreements, the landlords who offer leases cannot amend the terms of the contract within the leasing period.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
When you have to change your moving date forward
Long distance moves are detailed and that is why you need to plan and prepare well. You have probably given your landlord sufficient notice about your intention to vacate the premises. And then, unexpected circumstances occur, making you change the moving plans. How can you deal with your lease/rental contract if you have to change your moving date forward? In most circumstances, it would be more costly to move to different premises temporarily. Therefore, it would be better if you can stay at your current residence as you plan to move at a later date. You will probably have established a good relationship with your landlord. It would be good to have a conversation with them as soon as you realize that you will have to change your moving date. You can also negotiate for a renewal of the lease contract.
When changes happen, it is good to adapt to them quickly and also respond to the situations they also bring about. So, as soon as you realize that you will probably move at a later or an earlier date than expected, it is good to communicate this to your landlord and the state-to-state mover well in advance. This helps you to avoid any inconveniences to them and to you as well. They can also adjust their plans accordingly. More importantly, having such a conversation may have your landlord allow you to keep staying at your residence as you plan for the next suitable date to move.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services