How TO Deal With A Sick Pet During THE Moving Day
Preparing for a move is not as easy as waking up on the day of the move and packing up all belongings. It involves a lot of consideration including getting a new house, packing, hiring a mover, etc. This process is further confounded if you are also moving with a pet and becomes especially daunting if your pet happens to be sick.
Below are tips on how to deal with a sick pet during the moving day:
Contact the vet
One of the first things that you should do before moving to a new home with a pet is to contact a veterinary officer to have it inspected. The vet becomes even important when you notice that your pet is sick. Before your mover arrives, make sure that the vet inspects your pet once more and offer recommendations on what to do during the move. Do not forget to get the necessary documentation from the vet officer after they have examined your sick pet.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
- Avoid stressing the pet: Any experienced mover will tell you that packing in the presence of a sick pet can be stressful for the animal. For this reason, find a quiet place to keep your pet during the day of the move as you finalize on all the packing activities. Perhaps you can have the pet moved into an empty room as you prepare for the move. However, do not leave the pet alone for long.
- Carry a couple of towels: Sick pets are likely to experience stomach upsets, or even suffer from nausea and vomit from the journey itself and the sickness. Having a couple of towels will help clear any potty accidents that might occur while en-route. Do ensure that the towels you carry are familiar to the pet otherwise they may refuse to use them and you will have a hard time trying to get them to.
- Keep the pet warm and comfortable: Pets love snuggling for warmth and comfort and this could become even more pronounced when they are sick. You will need to carry more warm clothes such as blankets to ensure that the pet remains as comfortable and warm as possible. To keep the pet within a familiar environment, do forget to carry familiar blankets to snuggle in; this helps to give the pet the impression that nothing has changed.
- Maintain the pet’s routine: It can be stressful to deal with a sick pet that is also trying to adjust to a new environment. So do try to keep the usual routine going. Even though there are strangers in the house moving items around, give your pet its food and water at the usual time and also try to remain involved with your furry friend.
It can be a challenging task to move with a pet, and much worse if the pet is sick. Engaging a qualified pet mover can help you deal with the situation easily and guarantee you that your pet will get to the destination safely.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services