When you pay for a service such as auto transport, you should, and rightfully so, expect not to have to do much of the work yourself.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t help out a bit, as doing so will ensure that everything goes as smooth as possible with minimal delays. But many auto transport companies do not explicitly state how you can help to speed up the process, so if you’re wondering how you can do so, check out the following tips.
Make Sure Your Vehicle is Clean
Not cleaning your car is actually one of the most common mistakes that you can make when hiring an auto transport company. What’s worse is that cleaning your car is one of the simplest things that can be done before the auto transport driver arrives.
Having a car full of personal items and trash is an issue because the vast majority of auto transport companies won’t transport a vehicle that is full of clutter. That’s because it’s against the law since they’re not allowed to ship any personal items. Doing so could mean that they lose their license.
Here’s what you can do:
- Remove any personal items or trash from the trunk and the glove compartment;
- Make sure there isn’t anything underneath the seats or in hard to reach places;
- Remove personal items from the dashboard, car mirrors, and the seats, such as baby carriages or personal effects.
You don’t have to make the car spotlessly clean, but you should always make sure that there is nothing of yours inside of it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Choose a Convenient Pick-Up Location
If you happen to live on a street or location that is not easily accessible, you should consider being willing to compromise a bit and agree upon a more convenient pick-up location with the auto transport company. This will make the driver’s job much easier and can avoid delays. For example, if you live on top of a hill or a really steep road, it can be a huge issue for an auto transport truck to maneuver its way up there, not to mention also dangerous. Be willing to perhaps meet the driver down the hill at a designated pick-up point.
Another example would be a location where there is usually no room to park or where the streets are very narrow. This can also be a difficult location for an auto transport truck to access. Perhaps agree to meet at a parking lot nearby or at the main street.
If you’re located in a remote area as well, such as a rural area, you may also want to arrange a pick-up location that is closer to the main roads or highway.
Let the Auto Transport Company Know All of Your Needs Ahead of Time
If you have any special needs or requests, you really should let the company know about them ahead of time. You don’t want to suddenly request something when the driver arrives since that could delay things. Be transparent and thorough when you initially arrange everything. If something comes up, you can always call or e-mail the company.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ll always let you know about any requirements in terms of documents that you’ll need to prepare and the relevant rules that we have to follow as a licensed auto transport company. Contact us today for your free no obligation quote!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory