- Knowing How Soon Before The Move Should One Secure Moving Storage
- Mover’s Opinion
- Reasons To Find Moving Storage Early
- Factors That Should Determine How Soon You Secure Moving Storage
Knowing How Soon Before The Move Should One Secure Moving Storage
Whether you got a new job you need to report immediately or your new place is not ready, moving storage is an option that many people consider nowadays. Storage gives you time to sort out whatever business you have knowing that your stuff is safe and secure. However, most people make the mistake of going to find storage a few days before they move and this can complicate things not to mention you may not even get a facility at such short notice. So, how soon before the move should you secure moving storage?
If you ask any mover, they will tell you that you need at least 8 weeks to plan a move because it is no easy business. This means you should contact your chosen mover at least 8 weeks before the moving date for local moves so they can find a suitable storage space for you.
For international or out of state moves, it is wise to look for a mover at least 12 weeks before the material date.
Reasons to find moving storage early
- You want to give the moving company enough time to find you something good and also visit to see the stuff you want stored so they can give you an accurate estimate.
- If you have moving storage early enough, you can start packing and moving some stuff that you don’t need. Doing so will make the moving day easier.
- With enough time, you can get storage in your preferred location and size which may not be possible in a last minute rush.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Factors that should determine how soon you secure moving storage
- Season: If you will be moving during summer, it is good to book your moving storage as early as possible, preferably two months before the move. This is because summer is a very busy time for movers and almost everybody is moving at this time so it’s hard to get what you want unless you book and reserve early enough.
- Distance: If you are moving your stuff to another state or another country, you need to give yourself more time to find a mover and also storage because not many moving companies deal with international moves. 12 weeks is a good idea and in worst case scenario you can try 8 weeks.
- Day of the move: Most people move over the weekend so Fridays, Saturday and Sunday are very busy for movers. If you will move on a weekend, book the storage early enough so you won’t miss out. If you have reserved the truck and container early enough, say 12 weeks ahead, you will be given first priority to people who come after you.
Securing moving storage early enough is very important because the last thing you want is to find your stuff out in an insecure place. While booking early is important, you should also make sure that you call or visit the moving company often just to make sure they don’t forget.