Let’s begin by saying that it is extremely difficult to get a used car into Indonesia. Unless you are a diplomat, used vehicle import remains prohibited. With that being said, new vehicles can be imported into the country.
By hiring a professional overseas transporter from the U.S., you can avoid a lot of the hassle. Fortunately, shipping services are known for their cost efficiency.
The cost of shipping a car to Indonesia relies on many different factors. That’s why all customers receive a quote before deciding upon services. If you have any questions about the quote you receive, don’t be afraid to ask. The customer service representatives will be able to break it down for you. Remember, that the quote you receive won’t include the duties charged by Indonesia for the import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Affects the Shipping Price?
- The age and condition of the automobile.
- The vehicle’s model and brand.
- The purpose of the vehicle.
- The duties associated with the import.
- The length of travel that’s included in the shipping process.
- The method of shipping you chose to have the car delivered.
- The transport materials and equipment used.
- Insurance coverage.
There may be other fees associated with your total cost. Simply ask the customer service representative for the transport company. They can explain it to you so that you understand what is included.
The duties that must be paid to gain clearance for the vehicle’s import aren’t included in the bill given to you by the transport company. The taxes that you can expect to pay to Indonesia will include luxury tax, tariffs and a 10% VAT tax. Any vehicle with an engine over 3000 cc will be subjected to a 75% luxury tax. All other vehicle types will have a significantly smaller percentage to pay.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory