How Much Does Pet Moving Cost?
Pests are an important part of any family. When we keep pets, they transform from being just animals to becoming part of the family. They need to be treated well and this is especially so when we need to move them. You need to hire the services of a reputable mover who has the expertise to execute whatever move you require. Whether it is long distance, local or across state lines; the mover needs to guarantee your pets safety.
Once you have identified the mover you want to work with, the next issue to address is that of cost. Exactly how much should you pay to move your pet?
This article sheds some light on associated moving costs:
Before you worry about the cost of moving your pet one of the important things to do would be to evaluate the legal implications in relation to moving your pet to your desired destination. Different countries and towns have diverse requirements when it comes to pet relocations including breeds, and vaccinations among other factors. When you are aware of these and take steps to address them, you avoid penalties. By so doing, you end up saving a penny or two.
Factors that influence the pet’s moving costs
Different moving companies offer different price structures. Some important factors that influence the cost of moving a pet include:
- Where you are moving from and to; and when you want to move.
- The pet’s height and weight.
- What type of equipment will be needed – a crate, a leash, etc.
- What type of pet is being moved.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
If you are moving a pet, whether locally or internationally, you need to meet a couple of requirements, which increase the total moving costs. Here are some of these costs:
- Passport: You need to have a passport for your pet to move. This is a document that shows the various treatment options carried out on your pet. Alternatively, you could obtain a certificate from a veterinary officer. A pet passport will cost you about US$260.
- Crates: Travel agents often cover the cost of a pet’s crate. However, if you are doing everything for yourself, you need to have the recommended crate for your pet. The cheapest crate costs US$50.
- Medical costs: Your pet needs to be examined before you move it. Some of the common costs involved include blood tests, vaccinations, and microchipping. If you are moving out of the US you will need to pay US$50 for microchipping, US$50 for a blood test, US$30 for rabies vaccination, US$60 for a health check.
While it might be difficult to quote the exact price, the estimated cost of domestic moves ranges from as low as US$350 upwards, and US$ 650 upwards for international moves. However, the international costs may change based on the difficulties involved and the departure and arrival country. As such, it is important to provide all the important details to your moving company so you can get a comprehensive pet moving cost estimate.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services