How Much Does Moving Storage Cost?
Moving is without a doubt very hectic. There are so many things to consider including finding a good mover, packing and even transferring your utilities. However, to some people, moving is never as easy as just moving from one house to another. Some don’t have a place to move to while others need to sort out some stuff before moving to the new house.
Reasons to move your stuff to storage during a move
- Renovation or incompletion of the new house.
- Emergency work transfer.
- Cost saving while constructing a house or when you are in between jobs.
Types of storage
- Self-storage. These are storage units that can be rented by individuals. They vary in size and you are the only one who can access them. For security purposes, choose to have your entry door located inside the building as opposed to having one that’s outside.
- Portable storage. Portable or moving storage is provided by moving companies if the client’s new house is not ready for occupation. The mover will come to the house, pack your stuff into the truck or a container and move it to their storage space just as it is until you are ready for it to be moved to the new place.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Factors determining the cost of moving storage
- Moving Company: The cost of moving storage will depend on the company you have hired. Some companies don’t have their own storage so they have to let out the service meaning the cost will be higher. Other companies offer door-to-door services and have their own storage facilities.
- Content: The cost is also determined by what you are storing because some things like vehicles and boats will need special storage which will be more expensive. If the stuff you are storing can be affected by temperature changes, you can choose a climate controlled container which will of course cost you more.
- Size: It’s also important to know the size of storage that you need depending on how much stuff you have to store. The containers can range from 5x5x10 to 10x30x10 feet. The storage cost will go up as the size of the box does.
- Time: How long will you be using the storage? It could be days, months or even a year. Every company will give you their quote and more often than not, people who keep the stuff longer get better deals.
Cost of moving storage
Storage cost can range from $100 to $200 per month depending on all the above factors. Just like moving, the company should give you a quote of the storage and a contract that says exactly what you should expect.
The best and most economical option is to hire a company that owns storage units so they don’t have to hire space for your stuff. It is also convenient because you don’t have to hire two companies and they will probably give you a discount for using both services.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services