The Cost of Shipping An Exotic Car
While the process may be mostly the same, there are some distinct differences between shipping a standard vehicle and an exotic car. By the term “exotic,” we’re referring to any type of car that is of particularly high value, either because of stock components or modification, or a vehicle that is rare in comparison to other types of cars. Examples of exotic cars include luxury and high performance brands such as Mercedes, BMW, Aston Martin, McLaren, and Porsche, among many others. Clearly, these are not the type of vehicles that owners feel comfortable driving over long distances, which is where our services come in.
Like any experienced auto transport company, we have specialized services that cater to owners of exotics and involve special care and handling throughout the shipping process. From the way the car is loaded onto the carrier to how it is secured during transport, every measure is taken to ensure that your vehicle is perfectly cared for every step of the way. Here are some of the methods and services we implement when shipping an exotic or luxury vehicle:
- Soft tie downs are used to secure the car in place once it’s loaded onto the transport carrier to minimize the possibility of damages inside the transport vehicle, and to make sure it doesn’t shift position over the course of delivery.
- Enclosed carriers are available for any type of vehicle transport we provide, but it is highly encouraged for high end vehicles. Almost every exotic vehicle shipment is done using an enclosed carrier out of preference by the owner since it provides unparalleled safety, security, and discretion.
- Hydraulic powered lift gates are used for exotic shipping, which makes loading easier and less risky than standard drive on ramps. These specialized loading gates are also more convenient and safer for cars that sit lower to the ground.
- Air ride suspension is standard on all of our carriers and offers the smoothest ride possible during delivery, even over uneven roads and driving surfaces.
- Tarped decks are available for multilevel carriers to prevent any possibility of damage from leaks
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
What Determines The Shipping Cost Of An Exotic Car?
The cost of transporting an exotic car is typically higher than that of a daily driver because of the special care and handling used during the process, all of which require extra preparation, caution, and time to execute. If you’re curious about what specific factors play into the cost of transport, here are the primary things that determine the price:
- Fuel costs, which, as all know, can vary by region and numerous economic circumstances.
- The time of year, which affects the number of shipments requested from auto shippers. Winter months tend to be more affordable, but that too can vary depending on customer demand.
- The method of transport, which is typically an enclosed carrier (as mentioned above). Open carriers are also available and cost slightly less, but most exotics are shipped using enclosed transport trucks.
- If storage is required after delivery, that carries a small addition fee.
- The type of vehicle can also affect the shipping cost, particularly if it has nonstandard dimensions, a higher curb weight, or is a larger vehicle.
- The shipping distance, which is the primary indicator of cost.
If you’d like an accurate price quote based on the specifics of your request, give us a call at (888) 230-9116 for a FREE estimate today! We require only basic information to supply an estimate and there is no payment or obligation required on your part!