- How Pricing In The Auto Shipping Industry Works
- How To Find An Affordable Auto Shipping Company
- How A-1 Auto Transport Can Help
If you’re looking to ship a full-sized vehicle, you’re likely wondering about how much it will ultimately cost you.
Car transportation services are one of the best ways to transport a vehicle, especially long-distance. For one thing, since carriers must carry certain federally-mandated insurance minimums, it’s a lot safer, not to mention it takes away lots of the stress from the vehicle owners.
But if you’ve been looking for straight answers regarding how much shipping your full-sized vehicle will cost, you’ve likely not found many clear answers. We at A-1 Auto Transport are here to provide you with all the information you need on the topic!
How Pricing in the Auto Shipping Industry Works
Vehicle shipping rates can vary a lot. The industry average to ship a car is a little over $2 per mile, usually for journeys that are longer than 200 miles. However, the price itself is not standard, and it will usually depend on a lot of different factors, such as:
- The Size of the Vehicle - Bigger cars cost more to ship simply because they take up a lot more cargo space. Auto transport companies will ship multiple vehicles at once to keep their rates as affordable as possible, and vehicles that require more space will ultimately cost more to ship;
- Location - If you need to ship your vehicle to a rural area that’s harder to reach, then you can expect your price to go up. The cost of shipping to a big city is much more affordable simply because there is a high chance the auto transport company has a local hub to get the vehicles to, after which the owners can simply pick them up from there;
- Time of Shipping - Shipping rates go higher when there is more demand, which usually occurs during the summer months. If you want lower rates, then consider shipping your vehicle during the winter. Through the shipping timeline may be longer because of weather conditions, if you’re looking to save money, many companies offer special discounts and promos during the winter months;
- Special Requirements - If you have a luxury car, then you’re likely not going to want it shipped with an open carrier and expose the car to the elements. But all such special considerations, such as door-to-door shipping and other add-ons can increase your price.
How to Find an Affordable Auto Shipping Company
If you need to ship your vehicle on a budget, it’s important to research the market and find a company that can offer the rates to accommodate it.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to discover a company’s rates so easily. A great approach here is to simply get a free estimate from a few auto shipping companies, and compare them in order to find one that suits your budget the best.
Many companies have no-string-attached estimates that can give you a good ballpark of how much your full-sized car shipping will cost. While it’s not a final price, you can definitely use these estimates to compare the rates of different companies and make an informed decision.
However, company rates are not the only factor to consider when choosing an auto transport company. Be sure to check out the company's:
- Offered services
- Online reviews, etc.
How A-1 Auto Transport Can Help
A-1 Auto Transport is a highly experienced and reputable auto transport company that can handle all your full-sized vehicle shipping requirements from A-Z.
Over the years, we’ve built a strong reputation in the business for providing top-notch quality at rates that no don't break the bank.
With A-1 Auto Transport, you’ll get:
- Services that suit your needs
- A fully trained and insured team
Get your free car shipping rate quote today online or call us now at 1-800-452-2880.