The greatest thing to hold people back from asking about shipping services is the assumption that it costs too much. What most don’t realize is that the cost of shipping services is very reasonable. It’s the cost of the country’s import duties and taxes that tend to be costly.
This is why professionals recommend booking a transport a few months ahead of time. It allows you time to prepare for the shipping process and to pay off all associated taxes. You cannot gain Custom’s approval for vehicle import until taxes are paid and all forms of proof are shown.
Easily ship a car to Jamaica from the United States with professional shipping services. Only two of the international transport methods are sensible. Honestly, one of the options is so expensive that many transport companies won’t even offer it. This method is air shipping which requires a plane for delivery of the car. Your other two options are RO/RO and container shipping. RO/RO is an open air transport method and the cheapest of all shipping options.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Information on Import Taxes and Duties for Vehicles.
Duty rates vary between 0% and 70%, with an average rate of 17.45%. Imports into Jamaica are subject to a standard General Consumption Tax rate of 16.5%, levied on the sum of the CIF value, duty, Special Consumption Tax, and Stamp Duty. Some items may be exempt from GCT if you decided to ship other items along with the car.
The Embassy of Jamaica will fill you in on the current tax rates. Since they can change at any time, make sure you call to double check. All taxes and duties have to be paid before Customs can release a certificate of approval.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?