- Know How Early Before The Move Should You Order Your Packing Supplies
- Importance Of Picking The Right Packing Supplies
- Packing Supplies That You Will Need For Your Move
- Moving Boxes
- Protective Materials
- Labelling Materials
Know How Early Before The Move Should You Order Your Packing Supplies
You have found a new home and you are excited to move in and start a new life. You have already contacted a moving company and they have agreed to offer the moving services that you need to get to your new home.
All that’s left now is to get packing supplies and get everything into boxes and ready for when the movers come to collect it for shipping to your new home. How do you go about it?
Importance of picking the right packing supplies
The packing supplies you use will determine the safety of your belongings after you hand them over to your moving company. If you don’t pick the right materials, you can easily end up damaging some of your fragile items during the move. So it’s important that you pack everything in the right package if you want everything to arrive intact and in one piece.
Packing supplies that you will need for your move
Here are a number of supplies that you will need to pack your things and get ready for the move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Depending on the size of your home, you will need a number of boxes. You should get different sizes to ensure that you have options to choose from for the different items that will need to be packed.
These can be bought from your moving company, or from a rental truck company. If you are on a shoestring budget, you can also get free boxes from liquor stores, bookstores or any other store that you can think of that receives multiple shipments every week. They will most likely have plenty of boxes that they can give you.
You will need to protect fragile items that could break during the drive to your new home. Here are some protective materials that you can use:
- Bubble wrap – You don’t want any heavy impact caused by bumpy roads to be transferred to your fragile items so you should use bubble wrap to absorb the impact.
- Blankets – Blankets also work like bubble wrap to absorb any impact and prevent it from reaching any breakable items.
- Mattress covers – These are plastic covers that will protect your mattress during your move. They ensure that the mattresses don’t get ripped or dirty as they move about in the trucks.
- Stretch wrap – This one is for keeping moisture out. It is valuable for wrapping artwork and electronics to prevent them from being damaged by moisture.
Once everything is in boxes, you will need to ensure that it is properly labelled to give you an easy time when unpacking. For this, you will need labels and stickers, markers, packing tape and a tape dispenser.
Some of these supplies can take up a lot of space so it’s a good idea not to order them very early. Ideally, you should start looking for them after contacting your moving company for an in-house inspection and when you are ready to start packing.