The process of shipping a car abroad is something that can only be handled by a professional. For anyone without the proper equipment, training or knowledge this is impossible.
There are many reliable transport companies able to ship your car to Uruguay. Take your time making any decisions and let the customer service representatives give their suggestions.
A checklist is a great way to stay organized during the process of transport. Dealing with the import laws of Uruguay and preparing for the transport can get confusing. With the help of your overseas shipping company and your checklist, it will be much easier to stay on task.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Example of a Good Checklist.
- Search for reputable international transport companies. Call for quotes and book with one at least two months before the desired shipping date.
- Call the Embassy of Uruguay to learn of the latest import laws and tax rates. Take notes so that you have the information available throughout the shipping process.
- Start collecting the documents and proof that is needed to gain import approval for the car. The embassy provides you with this information.
- Get the vehicle clean and ready for its journey. The transport company has several requests that will only keep the car and the transport specialists safer.
- Before you let the car go with the shipping company, write down and of the damages, the car may suffer from. You should take pictures of the inside and outside of the car too. Use your notes and pictures to conduct your final inspection of the vehicle after you retrieve it from the port it is delivered to.
- Make sure you have a ride arranged to and from the ports and terminals if necessary. A port will not hold a vehicle for anyone, so it is important that you are present on the day of its arrival.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?