How Do I Ship a Car to Europe?
All over the world dealers, collectors, owners and manufacturers use car shipping services on a regular basis. When you need to ship your car from the U.S. to Europe, you can guarantee that it’ll get delivered safely when you hire a licensed international auto transporter. They will have all the latest in shipping equipment and technology to conduct the transport without worry. Their experience in dealing with foreign import policies will also come in handy as you prepare to gain Customs approval for the import.
Once you find a transporter to ship your car off to Europe, this is when you begin preparing for the shipping process. Call the embassy to learn more about their import restrictions and taxes. This knowledge is essential. Your transport professionals will also help you with this process making sure you fully understand the laws. Some of the documents you might need to get import approval include:
- License, Picture ID or Passport
- Vehicle Title and Registration
- Proof of Paid Tariffs
- Bill of Lading
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Proof of Insurance
Preparing the Car for Transport
Gathering the proof required by the nation is only part of the preparation process. Your car must also undergo some prepping before it is picked up by the transport specialists for its journey to Europe. Here is how your vehicle should be prepped for its shipping process:
- Wash off the vehicle’s exterior so there are no signs of debris or dirt.
- Cleanout the inside of the car, only leaving behind floor mats, a spare tire, and a car jack.
- Make sure the fuel tank isn’t over ¼ full.
- Top off all other fluids in the vehicle and have routine maintenance done.
- Disconnect the battery and alarm system as requested when certain shipping methods are purchased.
- Document any preexisting damages especially visible markings. Taking photographs is also wise. They will act as a reference once the car is delivered and given its final inspection.
When you prepare the car for its transport to Europe, you’re lessening any risks involved. You’re ensuring the safety of the vehicle and those caring for it during the shipping process.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory