Moving a valuable or classic vehicle, or just want to protect your car from scratches, dings, and weather as it’s moved to its destination? Enclosed auto transport is a great choice – and if you want an enclosed auto transport instant quote, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to learn more.
What’s The Best Way To Get An Enclosed Auto Transport Instant Quote?
At A-1 Auto Transport, we’re experts when it comes to enclosed auto transport – and you can get an instant quote on our website. Just enter some information about your current location and your destination, and you can get a quote for shipping your vehicle right away.
If you’d prefer to find a good deal on your own, you can also search for enclosed auto transport companies near you – but it’s a lot easier to work with a transport broker like A-1 Auto Transport. We can instantly connect you with nearby carriers to give you a quote right away.
How Much Will I Pay For Enclosed Auto Transport?
Wondering what kind of prices you can expect when you get an enclosed auto transport instant quote? Usually, the price starts at about $1 per mile for short hauls, with the price-per-mile decreasing for longer trips. Depending on the distance you’re shipping your car, you could pay anywhere from $100 or $200 to more than $1,000.
Every job is different, though. There are a lot of different factors that can affect the cost of enclosed auto transport, such as the type of vehicle you’re shipping, your desired arrival time, and more. Let’s discuss these now.
- Type of vehicle – In general, the length of your vehicle is the primary factor that determines shipping cost in enclosed auto transport. Most enclosed car carriers can only carry between 3-7 cars, depending on the length of each vehicle. If you’re shipping a long vehicle like a large truck, the trailer can’t hold as many vehicles, so the carrier may need to charge a higher rate.
- Number of vehicles – If you ship multiple vehicles at once, the overall cost of shipping will be higher, but you may actually be able to save some money compared to shipping each car individually. If you need to ship more than one car to the same destination, we highly recommend combining the shipments, if possible.
- Desired arrival time – Depending on how far your car is going, it could take anywhere from 3-14 days for it to arrive at its destination. If you need your car to arrive by a particular date, you may need to pay additional fees and costs for rush delivery, so we recommend planning ahead to give yourself the most flexibility.
- Door-to-door vs. terminal shipping – Door-to-door shipping involves a truck coming to your home and picking up your car. Then, the vehicle is delivered directly to your new home, or to a storage unit or another place of your choosing. This is more expensive than terminal-to-terminal shipping, but it’s a lot more convenient.
In terminal-to-terminal shipping, you drive your car to a freight terminal, where it’s loaded onto a car carrier. Then, it’s transported to another freight terminal near its destination, where you’ll pick it up after you arrive in the area. This is not as convenient, but is cheaper than door-to-door shipping.
- Additional insurance – If you’re shipping a classic car, a luxury vehicle, or any other expensive automobile using an enclosed car transport service, you may need to purchase additional insurance. Contact your transport carrier to learn more about their coverage limits, and to find out if you should add extra insurance to your vehicle while it’s being transported.
Is It Worth Paying Extra For Enclosed Auto Transport?
Yes. If you value the additional protection provided by an enclosed car trailer, it’s definitely worth paying extra for enclosed auto transport. Your car will be completely protected from the elements, road debris, theft, and vandalism. That’s why this type of car shipping is very popular with those who have exotic cars, sports cars, classic vehicles, or custom cars.
However, if your car is not as valuable, it’s used, or it already has some minor cosmetic flaws like dings and scratches, you may be better off with open car carrier transport. You can save a lot of money compared to enclosed auto transport, and your vehicle will still arrive at its destination safely. There’s just a little bit more of a risk of minor damage from debris and weather.
In the end, it all depends on your personal preferences. At A-1 Auto Transport, we can give you an instant enclosed auto transport quote, as well as a quote for open air auto transport – you can compare the rates and see which option may be right for you.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport Now To Get Your Enclosed Auto Transport Instant Quote
If you want to transport your vehicle anywhere in the US or internationally, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. Need an enclosed auto transport instant quote? Just contact us online or give us a call at (800) 452-2880. We have agents standing by 24/7!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.