- Step-By-Step Guide To Booking A Roro
- Get An Estimate
- Choose The Right Roro Carrier
- Prepare Your Vehicle
- Book Your Shipment
- Arrange Transport
- Roro Convenience
- Shipping Protection
- Required Paperwork
- Roro Ferries
- Roro Booking Experts For The Most Popular Shipping Method Worldwide
"Ship your car with RoRo," someone may tell you, a car shipping rookie. RoRo means Roll-on/Roll-off shipping, a widely used technique for exporting automobiles abroad.
But if you're a rookie, you may wonder how to book your car on a RoRo ship.
No need to stress; we have all the answers you want and more useful info.
We'll walk you through the booking steps. You'll have everything you need to know about successfully reserving your car in a RoRo and sending it to your selected location.
Step-by-Step Guide to Booking a RoRo
Booking a RoRo shipping service doesn't have to be a daunting task. You can quickly arrange for your car for overseas delivery if you have the appropriate knowledge and direction.
An outline of the procedure is provided below to get you started:
- Get an estimate of shipping costs. Contact the carrier directly for a quote on international car transportation, including port fees, taxes, insurance fees, etc.
- Choose the right RoRo carrier. Choosing an experienced and reputable company that offers reliable services and competitive rates can make a difference.
- Prepare your vehicle for shipment. Remove your personal belongings from the car and check with the carrier for any other specific requirements that they may have.
- Book your shipment date and time with the carrier. Most carriers will require you to make a deposit before booking your shipment date. It's usually around 25% of the total cost of shipping, so prepare your payment when you book your shipment date and time slot.
- Arrange transport for your vehicle. Have a tow truck collect it from your home or drive it to the port yourself. If you're driving, leave plenty of time for delays.
Following our tips to simplify the process, booking a RoRo shipper should be easy and stress-free.
1) Get an estimate
Booking your car for RoRo transport is a straightforward process.
Finding a RoRo supplier in your neighborhood or online would be the first step, depending on where you live.
You can use online search engines, classifieds, directories, and reviews to narrow down your list. Find the provider that best suits your shipping needs.
Your car's size and weight will determine the transport cost. Ensure the quote has all the taxes, port fees, and customs fees you must pay.
Get at least three estimates and compare prices. You also need to look at the companies' services to check if they meet your shipping requirements.
Ask about special offers and discounts available; this can significantly affect the final price.
So if you want to save money on international car shipping, RoRo is worth considering.
2) Choose the right RoRo carrier
Once you have decided to ship your car with a RoRo carrier, the next step is choosing the right one to satisfy your needs.
The most important thing when selecting the best RoRo carrier for you is ensuring they offer reliable and secure transportation services.
Obviously, price is important, but you must also look at their online reviews and reputation, years in operation, services available, schedule availability, and delivery dates.
Check their customer service—were they cordial and patient with your questions? Do they have GPS tracking? Ensure they have liability insurance and that it is included. Do you need pick-up services to get it to the vessel?
Ensure the RoRo carrier fits all of your requirements before signing anything.
3) Prepare your vehicle
Preparation is key when it comes to booking your car in RoRo. Some basic requirements are necessary before your vehicle is ready for transportation. Here are some tips:
- Confirm the car has enough gasoline for loading and unloading
- Ensure the battery is connected and operational
- Remove any loose items or objects which could get damaged in transit from your vehicle (including tools, jacks, spare tires, personal belongings, and anything else that can move during transport)
- Do a pre-shipment inspection report to document any pre-existing damage
- Take photos of your car, as they will be your ticket in case they experience mishandling before arriving at its destination.
- If you're transporting a classic or antique car, provide documentation of its value so you can insure it properly during transit
4) Book your shipment
You must first complete the booking form available on the website. Basic information about the shipped vehicle is required, such as:
- The car's make and model
- Its year of manufacture
- Its estimated value
Ensure you have all the documents ready such as title, registration, and bill of lading (BOL), for when your vehicle arrives at the port.
Once you've completed and submitted the form, you'll receive booking details in your confirmation email.
5) Arrange transport
The next step is to arrange for transportation.
You can do this by having the vehicle picked up from your location or dropped off at the nearest port.
Upon arrival at the port, check-in immediately with the shipping company you've hired to handle your vehicle. Give the company the necessary paperwork, such as proof of ownership and insurance documents.
Then, your car will be driven onto the RoRo ship, where it will be loaded and start its trip across the ocean.
RoRo shipping is a great option for its convenience. Draining the gas in your car or disconnecting the battery is not a worry with this method, unlike with others.
It also means that you can drive directly from the port of arrival.
Loading and unloading are much simpler due to their roll-on, roll-off nature. Your car will be safe on board, with minimal handling required.
Increased port options for RoRo vessels are possible because their flat bottom can access shallow rivers or ports.
Compared to other shipping methods, RoRo gets your vehicle shipped quickly and efficiently with less hassle for you.
Shipping overseas by marine transportation often means journeying against the elements. To avoid damage, consider requesting a suitable cover for your vehicle during transport.
Depending on the type of vessel and its loading requirements, the cover might be your best solution for shielding the exterior of your car.
This protective layer can conserve your car from extreme weather scenarios such as high wind, rain, and snow. It will be particularly helpful if your car is highly valuable.
Once everything is in order, it's time to book your RoRo shipment.
When booking, provide the following information:
- Vehicle registration
- Destination port
- Bill of lading
- Insurance certificate
- Driver's license
- Customs paperwork
Complete all forms carefully and correctly because they will be needed when the car arrives at the port.
RoRo ferries are a great option for those transporting their vehicle across larger bodies of water.
These ships offer a practical means of transporting autos, whether short or long-distance, from one place to another.
RoRo ferries can come equipped with various amenities, such as lounges and restaurants, so you can travel in comfort.
They also provide a number of further services, such as car-washing facilities and garages.
What a comfortable way to travel with your vehicle to a destination vacation.
RoRo Booking Experts for the Most Popular Shipping Method Worldwide
RoRo shipping is one of the most popular forms of worldwide shipping.
It is an effective and affordable method for transporting autos, boats, and other kinds of freight across borders.
RoRo vessels are designed specifically for this type of shipping, as they can transport large volumes of cargo at once.
These ingenious vessels are so versatile and well-designed to handle anything on wheels.
Booking your car in RoRo with A1 Auto Transport will save you time and money. You can experience convenience and peace of mind during the RoRo process with us. So get a free quote now.