Houma Long Distance Moving Companies
The most affordable city in Louisiana has over 35,000 residents. Houma is the county seat of Terrebonne Parish. The city depends on ship transport, tourism, oil and fishing industry. It still has remnants of sugar and cotton plantations. Most natives of the Houma tribe are the best shrimp, oysters and crab catchers. There was a prevalence of the French language in the 20th century that carried on to the early 21st century. The cool ocean breeze, spectacular views along the twin bridges and a variety of wildlife at the Mandalay National Wildlife Refuge are the main attractions in the city. Move to Houma and enjoy the `Mardi Gras’ festival and other Creole and Cajun festivals. The most equipped and experienced mover in the city is A-1 Auto Transport. We also deal with vehicle relocations.
Why you need a professional mover
- Safety: When using professional moving companies such as A-1 Auto Transport, you are sure your items will be delivered intact. Professionally trained personnel pack the items in corrugated boxes and label them accordingly. They wrap all delicate items with soft linen, bubble wrap or anti-static peanut. They dismantle large furniture and move it in bits to reduce the risk of such items overpowering them.
- Organization: Moving companies know the amount of items that need to be delivered before they arrive. They show up with the right equipment and skilled personnel. They know how long distance moves should proceed and hence there is no confusion on moving day. Since all the items are labeled, they are loaded and delivered to the right address. They also have a digitized communication platform which they use to spread information such as challenges expected and how to navigate them.
- Insurance: Moving companies are required by law to cover the items, personnel and building. They conduct free valuation coverage and insure the items at 60cents a pound. They also have affixed insurance for high-value items.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find quality movers in Houma
- Customer reviews: Customer review sites like Transportreviews.com have verified reviews from thousands of customers. All movers are reviewed and rated by previous customers. Reliable moving companies have frequent and favourable reviews.
- Accolades: Check with Corporate Critic on the moving company’s corporate social responsibility record. Moving companies who empower the community have positive remarks. Movers who are members of the Environmental Agency’s Smart Way Programme have concern for the environment.
- Permits: Enter the USDOT carrier number at FMCSA to verify the company’s compliance with the government’s laws. State to state movers should have zero pending violations, a convincing safety rating and a license to move household items.
- Experience: The AMSA has a directorate of state to state moving companies. They educate the public about moving and can recommend the best moving company. Check for the Promover logo when ascertaining company membership.
- Consumer complaints: Use the Better Business Bureau to view the number of complaints a company has. Moving companies with frequent and unresolved complaints can’t be trusted.
How to make your move flawless
- Start packing weeks in advance. Packing is time-consuming. Call your friends to help.
- Choose a convenient location as a packing base. Put the boxes, tapes and markers there. It saves the time used locating items.
- Reduce your load. Sell items you don’t need and use the money to fund your move. You can also donate the items to friends or Goodwill. Keep the receipts and used them to deduct expenses on your income tax.
- Separate utilities like clothes and toiletries and pack them in labeled boxes or suitcases. Begin packing rarely used items like books and gifts.
- Use trash bags to pack clothes. They can fit in irregular spaces and are easier to haul. Fill the drawers with clothes to avoid occupying additional space.
- Load bulky items like L-couches and king size beds at the foremost part of the carrier. Light items should go on the top part. Place everyday items close to the vehicle exit.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
We have an exhaustive moving experience having conducted moves for over 2 decades. We have a presence across all states of the country and its overseas territories. Our 5-star rating from Moverreviews.com is testament to our remarkable services.
Our moving services
- Apartment relocations
- Pet transport
- Commercial moves
- Bulky furniture moves
- Interstate moves
- Apartment moves
- Military moves
- Storage services
- Cheap Houma movers
Get in Touch
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you: