Hopkins Long Distance Moving Companies
If you're preparing a move to Hopkins, hiring a local mover in Minnesota is the best option for a stress-free relocation. Not only do we offer outstanding services but also personal support. So, whether it's your first time moving, or you're an expert, talk to us and we’ll make sure you get the best services. We also relocate vehicles.
Top tips to relocate with ease
- Hazardous materials: If you have in your possession items that pose a public safety concern, find a way to dispose of them safely. These include combustibles like aerosol sprays, paint thinner, and gasoline etc.
- Prep your new home: Create time to visit your new house a few weeks before moving in. Check if the house needs any repairs or renovations especially on the walls and floors. This is also a great time to upgrade your kitchen by installing new appliances.
- Packing: To pack with ease, make sure you have the necessary packing materials such as boxes, sealing tape, and markers. This way you'll avoid stopping half-way through the packing process to rush for more supplies.
- Create a schedule: List down important things you must accomplish before moving day. Getting your kid’s school records, setting an appointment with your mover, transferring your license among others need to be completed as soon as possible. Working with a flexible schedule will keep you focused and organized.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- The best thing about hiring a professional moving company is honesty. When calculating your moving estimates, the movers put into consideration factors like the size of your move or the distance to be covered. They take you through the steps and will answer any questions you have. They don’t charge extra and will discuss any special services you might want.
- Insurance is mandatory during a move. Every mover is required to provide the minimum liability of $0.60 per pound per item for any damages incurred while the items are in their hands. This cushions you against replacing or repairing damaged items. However, it's recommended to purchase additional insurance for extra protection.
- Storage services. Let's say your house is not move-in ready and you require a place to store your items while you await the completion of your house. A professional moving company will provide you secure and safe storage facilities for you to keep your items on a short or long term arrangement.
- Movers are economical. The expenses involved in moving can exceed the budget allocation you had initially set. Since you don’t have a good grasp of how the moving process works, you are bound to omit some important factors that may lead to extra costs. But with a moving company, you only pay a fixed amount after delivery of your items.
How to find the best moving company
Compile a list of movers and research on them. Look out for; types of services, the moving rates, flexibility and availability of the movers. Make a comparison of what you’ve gathered so far and strike off any mover that doesn’t fit your preferences. Do this until you have the right moving company.
It's crucial to work with a licensed moving company. Apart from the safety of your belongings, you'll have an easy time tracking them down in case they disappear with your items. If it’s a local move, check if the mover has a permit from the Minnesota Department of Transportation. If it’s a long distance move, make sure they have a valid USDOT and MC Number.
Check with the MTSA if your mover is a registered member. To be certified, companies must follow a strict set of regulations set by the association. The movers have to pass a rigorous vetting process and use equipment of high standards when handling household items.
- Auto transport (car transportation)
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Corporate moving
- International moves
- Packing supplies
- Storage facilities
Why choose us?
We are a reputable moving company offering services to residents of Minnesota and across the country. When you hire us, we send our sales team for an in-house survey to provide you with an accurate bill covering the whole move. We are a fully insured company which means in case of an accident, we will repair or replace your items depending on the insurance policy you purchased. With A-1 Auto Transport, your items will be handled professionally and delivered without a dent or scratch.
Book your date today
For free moving estimates, please fill out the form at the top of this page or call our customer experts on 888-509-3213.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org