Holland Long Distance Moving Companies
Holland is the largest city in Ottawa County. Parts of the city also span into the neighbouring Allegan County. The city was named after the huge population of immigrants from Netherlands who settled in the lower peninsula of Michigan. Move to a different city and experience different cultures. ‘Tulip city’ as Holland is commonly known as, has several gardens and festivals which celebrate tulip production. Relax at the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan and Lake Macatawa where there are interactive aquariums, zoos and sunset biking activities. Holland has numerously been ranked among the best cities for start-ups, retirees and single people. Long distance moves require experience, equipment and permits. They are best handled by professional movers such as A-1 Auto Transport. Change your routine and visit Holland, hire A-1 Auto Transport for effortless moving and vehicle relocation services.
Why you need a moving company
- Stress free: Moving is stressful due to the number of tasks and items you have to handle in a short duration. You can easily break or forget items on moving day which results to additional expenses. Professional moving companies have handled thousands of moves before. They know where the danger lies and how to use reduce the time spent on the move. They also have an efficient customer support team that swiftly responds to your queries and suggestions. The company makes it their priority to make your move stress free.
- Skilled personnel: Moving companies have professionally trained personnel in each department. They can pack your items safely and load them faster than you or your friends. They also have advanced equipment which reduces the time used in handling your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Holland
Get recommendations from the American Movers and Storage Association. All members are subjected to strict background checks before registration. They must follow a professional code of ethics or risk expulsion. The association educates the public about moving and how to choose the best moving company. The members are identified by the Promover logo.
Check the company’s license and insurance information at the FMCSA. Enter the USDOT carrier number and verify whether the company has an interstate household goods moving license which has been operational for the last 3 years. The company should also provide the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance.
Make your move to Holland flawless
- Separate utilities and move them by yourself. These include toiletries, fresh clothes and cooking essentials. They come in handy the first few days before you are done unpacking.
- Do not allow the company to handle valuable items if they are not covered by the full value replacement plan.
- Scale down your move before the company conducts a walk-through. Mark all moving items and sell or donate those you no longer use.
- Prepare a budget and make sure you include all moving resources and unforeseen circumstances. Do not underestimate any item or task since it may result to additional expenses which that may cripple your move.
- Acquire moving supplies months beforehand. Check the U-Haul exchange forum or com. They have a take a box-leave a box programme, where customers can get free boxes and markers.
- Make holes on the sides of the boxes to improve their lifting ability. Label all the boxes along the sides according to the items contained and the room they belong to. It reduces the unpacking and arranging time.
- Cancel your subscriptions and deliveries in advance to avoid the delivery guy or cable company showing up on moving day.
- Change your address at USPS at least two weeks before moving day. This ensures you receive mail in your new address the moment you move in. Update it at I am moving to reach thousands of businesses.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport is the one of the largest worldwide shipping companies. We have grown from hundreds of customers to hundreds of thousands. Our reach has also expanded to cover international moves. We have upgraded our equipment, training and personnel to ensure we deliver quality and consistent services. Check out our 5-star rating by Transportreviews.com.
Our moving services
- Coast to coast moves
- Full-service moves
- Apartment relocations
- Office moves
- Local moves
- State to state moves
- Senior moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Military moves
Check us out
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.