Hilton Head Island Motorcycle Shipping
Transporting a motorcycle across the nation is simple and safe when the right company is hired for the job. There are many companies around Hilton Head Island and finding one you feel is trustworthy shouldn’t be a difficult feat. It doesn’t matter who you are or why you need the vehicle transported, as long as the proper documentation is provided and the preparation requirements are completed, the bike will be safely shipped.
All reputable and dependable transport companies will include insurance coverage as a part of their services. This is their way of guaranteeing the safe delivery of the bike. Any seasoned, caring and proud transport company will take the timely and secure arrival of the motorcycle into deep consideration.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements that Must Be Addressed for Transport.
There are some requirements that will need to be fulfilled before you can transport your motorcycle. These are relatively uncomplicated, standard tasks that anyone can do. There is only one method of transport for motorcycles that will require a little more preparation and that method is crated shipping.
Crated Shipping Responsibilities:
- All fluids will need to be drained from the motorcycle.
- The battery will need to be disconnected from the bike.
- Some companies may ask that the handlebars and mirrors be removed.
Standard Shipping Responsibilities:
- Clean the bike from dirt and debris.
- Make sure the gas tank is no more than a ¼ full before it is secured to the hauler.
- Remove any loose items from the motorcycle.
- Check the tire pressure, battery and fluids.
- Disable the alarm if the bike has one.
- Take pictures and note any preexisting damage.