High Point Long Distance Moving Companies
Whether you are moving within the same building, to a new neighborhood, to a new state or country, hiring the help of professional movers allows you to enjoy the convenience of moving. A-1 Auto Transport has offices and warehouses in High Point from which we serve and address all your moving needs. High Point prides itself in being the ninth-largest municipality in North Carolina. Booming furniture, textiles and bus manufacturing businesses sustain its economy. The furniture business has earned it the title of ‘Home Furnishings Capital of the World.’
Most common moving expenses
- Hiring movers – to help you to get the best deal, get quotes and in-house estimates from at least four moving companies and do a thorough background check on each.
- Packing materials – if you will not take up the full moving service package, you will need to purchase packing material such as bubble wrap, boxes, moving tape and marker pens. Sometimes the cost of these items may be quite high in comparison to hiring the full services of a moving company.
- Insurance – many companies will give you moving insurance, however most do not give you full value thus you have to spend more to get comprehensive insurance. The cost of a full value cover makes your moving estimate go up.
- Travel expenses – when moving long distance you might need to spend money on flights, meals and fuel allowing you to get to your new location comfortably.
- Utility transfer fees – in the new premises you will be required to pay for establishment fees and deposit fees for internet, cable, telephone etc.
How to budget for your move
One of the issues that stresses people is budgeting for the move. These are some of the things to consider when planning a move:
Pre-moving day expenses
- These are the actual costs that you might be required to plan for before the actual moving day such as hotel booking fees, meals, cost of additional moving insurance, moving costs, travel expenses such as flight or gas, security deposits or utility bills.
- If moving because of a job, find out if your company helps absorb relocation charges and if so, which ones.
- If looking to save on your moving expenses consider downsizing because long-distance moves are determined by the weight of the shipment.
- It is advisable not to rely on security deposits as they can sometimes take more than two weeks depending on the lease agreement.
- Once you are settled in the new premise, it will be helpful to plan for your stay in the new location because there may be a huge disparity in the living expenses between the old and the new place. You can use cost of living calculator to determine your anticipated expenditure.
- If your move was occasioned by work and has met the set time and distance requirements keep your receipts so that you can deduct those expenses in the next tax season.
Our moving services
We have diversified our pool of services to help meet every client’s needs. Below are some of the moving services we offer in High Point:
- Corporate moves
- Residential and apartment moves
- Interstate and intrastate moves
- College moves
- Vacation moves
- Seniors moves
- Military moves
- International moves
- Pet transport
- Auto transport
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- We have delivered our promise to thousands of clients across the US and globally.
- We have facilitated a lot of coast-to-coast moves thereby growing our experience exponentially.
- We have a full fleet of specially designed trucks and moving vehicles to fit your every moving need.
- We pride ourselves in being able to meet every client’s moving needs with our bouquet of services.
- We are a customer-centric organization keen on giving our clients the best moving experience. We have undergone best practice trainings and adhere to the membership guidelines set out by the American Moving & Storage Association under the ProMover program.
Move anywhere affordably
We will move you from coast to coast at the best prices. Start your journey with us by filling the form at the top of this page. You are also welcome to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our client service team will get in touch with you. You can also contact our 24/7 call center on 888-509-3213. We will be happy to answer any of your questions or address any of your concerns.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.