What are the most common reasons for people to move? When you think about it, people will often move for work, school or just relocating to a new neighborhood. Work-related moves are the most common simply to make the commute easier. Moving to or from university is also another common reason that people would move. In America, it is estimated that 35% of college graduates will move out of the state they studied in, while about 30% of high school graduates will move to another state for higher education. Your move to or from Health Science Center Brooklyn is not new to us since we are veterans in the moving industry. However, you need not face your move with trepidation or fear because A1 Auto Transport Inc. has handled thousands of moves just like yours in New York and the entire country with great ease. Stick around and at the end of your move, you will be glad you did.
Tips to a seamless student move
As you get ready for your student move, you might be expecting it to be a challenging process but, we have put together some tips to help you along.
- Dedicate a notebook to your move: A notebook dedicated to your move should hold all your moving reminders, tasks and any receipts that you have for the move. Ensure that you also create a moving calendar in this notebook with tasks assigned to different dates. Tick them off as they are completed.
- Calculate the moving costs you are anticipating: Some of the moving costs that you will have to plan for include cost of buying moving boxes and supplies, hiring moving labor, travel costs such as fuel, and air tickets among others. Write these down and come up with a total cost.
- Save and budget: Save for your move as early as a year to the day of moving. This is because moving is an expensive project. The process above will also help you to budget for the money that you have saved and move within your means.
Why you should consider hiring professional moving help
The thought of hiring a professional moving company gives you the jitters. Granted, hiring a professional mover is a costly undertaking but it has its benefits which are outlined below.
- All costs are captured in one place: A moving company is a one-stop shop for all your moving needs. From moving boxes and supplies to moving storage, you will get the full cost of your move captured in a professional estimate. This makes it easier to plan and save for your move.
- It’s cost effective: That is correct! A moving company may end up saving you money since they will provide all the services you need and you do not have to contract different companies for each moving service you require. Furthermore, professional moving companies will usually offer a student discount which is usually substantial.
- Professional packing services: Packing is a tedious and involving process that most people do not enjoy. Professional movers however are trained in the best ways to pack everything effectively and avoid any breakage or damage. Additionally, professional movers have all the moving supplies to pack different items correctly.
How to find the best moving company
We have compiled some tips to help you get started on finding the best moving company.
- Look out for huge deposits: A professional mover will not require a big deposit before moving you. Avoid paying huge deposits or the total cost for the move upfront since you will have no guarantee that your items will be delivered.
- Read the fine print before signing: They say the devil is in the details, and we could not emphasize this more. Be sure to understand the fine print on overtime charges, fuel costs, tricky maneuver charges such as moving items up the stairs and so on.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
A1 Auto Transport Inc. moving services
We offer a wide range of moving services such as; full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies, pool table transport and auto transport. We also move you locally, long distance, interstate, coast to coast, nationwide and internationally.
Advantages of using our services
We are a fully-fledged moving services provider with over twenty years experience in the moving industry. Furthermore, we are fully licensed and insured by the relevant authorities. Additionally, our services are accredited by the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org