HD Motorcycle Shipping International
Nothing spells “American” like HOGS. Yes, Harley Davidson motorcycles – the alpha in the kingdom of motorcycles. So popular are these bikes, that the international market imports them in great numbers. A-1 Auto Transport Inc. prides itself in offering HD motorcycle shipping international services to private clients, collectors, auto-shows, organizers, and rental businesses.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc.?
We have been in business for the past two decades. We know the ins and outs of the industry, having provided car auto shipping services for cars, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, boats, and, even yachts. Our portfolio incloudes shipping all types of motor cycles including sport bikes, tourers, tricycles, off-roads, and HD motorcycles. Over the years, we have advanced in technology, tools, and modes of transport and scope of service. We have the man-power needed to provide the best HD motorcycle shipping international service in the United States.
We have a network of operations, working with the major cargo shipping ports in the US. You can be rest assured, therefore, that we have the resources to get the job done. We ship Harley Davidson motorcycles to various ports around the globe. Wherever the destination, whether Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, Africa or South America, we deliver the HD motorcycle promptly and in the most professional manner possible.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Different methods of shipping motorcycles internationally
Motorcycles are shipped either in open air or enclosed shipping methods. Under open air, the motorcycles are rolled onto a flatbed rack on the cargo ship and strapped on using tie-downs and fasteners. This method is, however, not recommended for Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Enclosed shipping methods involve shipping the motorcycle inside an enclosed cargo container. The motorcycles are also secured in place using tie downs and straps to hold them in position all through the journey, such that even in the event of a rough sea, the motorcycles don’t lean dangerously or fall over. However, this, too is not the recommended mode of HD motorcycle shipping international especially over sea.
How do we ship HD motorcycles?
Harley Davidson motorcycles are not your typical bikes. They are the “elite family” of bikes. Their structure is slightly different. They are larger and longer than normal motorcycles. This extra size brings with it extra pounds, too. Also, compared to other motorcycles, the exhaust pipes hang really low on the HDs. Some custom ones have longer handles than standard motorcycles. The extra features make up for a heavier motorcycle. This extra weight dictates that the crated method of transportation be used.
The “special dimension” of a Harley Davidson, together with the weight, is best shipped inside shipping crates. A shipping crate is an enclosed wooden box in which motorcycles are shipped in. The crates are constructed from durable ¾ inch plywood, strong enough to withstand a substantial amount of impact in case of rough seas or any accident. The interior comes with four tie-down straps, four soft-tie straps, and 4D-rings for holding the motorcycle in position. The weight of a Harley Davidson is a bit more difficult to hold in place. The wobbling of the ship due to rough sea conditions can make the HD bike lean against another bike or even topple over. It is for this reason that crated means of transportation is the most suitable. The heavy duty straps and tie-downs used in motorcycle crates can comfortably secure the motorcycle in place, as well as and accommodate its weight in order to avoid leaning or falling.
Moreover, the extra size of the Harvey Davidson motorbikes, including the extra length and handles are best accommodated through crate transportation. Apart from offering stability, crate motorcycle transportation provides security against external hazards.
Types of crates for shipping HD bikes internationally
There are three types of motorcycle shipping crates available for shipping HD motorcycles. They include:
- Economy/single use crates: These are crates designed to hold one HD motorcycle during shipping. The plywood used here is not reusable as it cannot sufficiently serve two shipping applications in a row. Economy/ single use crates are the cheapest available in the market.
- Standard reusable crate: This crate is of slightly better quality compared to the single use crate. After shipping, the walls of the crate can be dissembled and stacked onto each other for storage. When time for another HD bike shipping comes, it can easily be assembled back.
- XL reusable crate: These crates are designed to accommodate larger HD bikes; those that cannot fit into the standard size one. They are also reusable for as many shipments as they can allow.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory