Hazelwood Long Distance Moving Companies
Hazelwood, a suburb of St Louis, Missouri is a city served by well-equipped interstate highways, railroads and an airport. It has conservation areas and the Missouri River with warm temperature most months of the year. The city is also served by a mega mall and mini-retail stores which sell top brands and offer high-end services. Move with A-1 Auto Transport and make your moving and vehicle relocation stress free.
Why you should hire a moving company
- Time to handle other activities: When moving, there are many tasks that need to be handled before moving day. You need to hire a baby sitter for the kids, change your address and the lease agreement. These small tasks can be easily forgotten due to time-consuming tasks like packing. When using a moving company, they handle the difficult moving tasks which leave you with ample time to handle all other moving activities and personal issues.
- Equipment and personnel: Moving requires trained personnel and the right equipment. Moving companies have both which ensures safe and fast deliveries. The professionally trained personnel pack, load and move the items under high safety standards. A company such as A-1 Auto is equipped with trolleys, ramps and modified vehicles which increases their efficiency. When conducting a self-move, you would have to buy or rent such moving equipment.
- Valuable items: If you own expensive electronics or souvenirs, their safety is paramount and you cannot allow just anyone to pack them. Your friends helping with packing are not liable for any damage to your valuables. It is therefore prudent to deal with a moving company that has trained personnel to handle your valuable and delicate items. Any damage is covered by the insurance that the mover provides.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Steps towards finding a reliable mover
Ask friends, coworkers or family members who have used moving companies before. They can suggest reliable movers if they had a good moving experience.
Check opinions of past customers on review sites. There are sites that specifically deal with moving companies. Compare the number of customers who had a pleasant experience and those that did not. Establish the reasons for the poor ratings and how the company handles consumer complaints.
Use the Better Business Bureau to verify moving companies service history. The organization assesses moving companies and rates them from A to F. Most reliable moving companies fall in the A and B category. They have passed the strict skills and customer handling tests. The organization also accredits upright movers to ease the client’s process of verifying a company. This also helps in the event of disagreements since the organization acts as the mediator.
Check the company’s record outside the moving industry.
- Has the company contributed positively to the community they operate in?
- Have they been recognized or received awards for outstanding services?
- Are their services in line with the Environmental Protection Agency’s Smart Way Programme?
Tips for a seamless move
- Visit the new area you are moving to and get familiar with its surroundings. This makes the transition a little easier for you. The neighbors can also assist you with unpacking and arrangement on delivery day.
- Obtain free quality and corrugated boxes from the Freecycle forum.
- Reduce the number of items before packing. Sell and donate those that you do not use anymore to increase efficiency and reduce the moving cost.
- When packing, label all boxes with your name and the items they hold. Use bright and large letters for boxes containing delicate items.
- Pack essentials in an overnight bag and have them moved either in your car or under your care.
- Use trash bags and laundry bins to pack clothes and books. It saves on the number of boxes used.
- After all the tasks have been completed satisfactorily, tip the movers at 10-15% the day’s rate and provide them with refreshments.
- Be present during delivery to confirm your items are all there and in good condition.
Why you should hire A-1 Auto Transport
We are one of the largest worldwide shipping companies operating across the country and its overseas territories. This remarkable 25 year growth has been due to our quality service and customer satisfaction.
Our services include
- Door to door relocations
- Full-service moves
- Furniture moves
- Office moves
- Senior moves
- Military moves
- State to state moves
- Local moves
- Storage services
Contact us today
For incredible services and unbeatable prices check out A-1 Auto Transport or call us on 1-888-509-3123. Fill out the form at the top of our page and get a free in-house estimate.