Haverhill Long Distance Moving Companies
Haverhill is a hilly city in the northern part of Essex County, Massachusetts. During the 1900s, the city produced 10% of all shoes in the country. It began with agriculture, textiles, boat and finally settled on the service industry and moderate manufacturing. There are also a few vineyards and corn plantations serving the 60,000 residents. The Merrimack River cuts through the city providing scintillating views and recreational activities. Long distance moves are time-consuming. They require meticulous preparation and experience to be successful. Make the move and Ski at Ski Bradford. Lake Canobie has fishing and boating any time of the day. A-1 Auto Transport provides professional moving and vehicle relocation services at affordable rates.
Why you should hire a moving company
- Insurance: Moving companies are obligated by law to provide insurance. The basic cover includes items, workers and the building. The items are covered at 60cents a pound. In case a member of the moving team breaks a limb when lifting your refrigerator, their medical bills are fully paid for. When conducting a self-move, you are liable for all damage and injuries that occur.
- No heavy lifting: Items such as L-couches and king size beds are heavy. They need to be moved by professionally trained personnel or advanced moving equipment. They can easily break your limbs or lacerate your skin. Moving stacked boxes is also cumbersome; you can easily suffer chronic back and knee pains. If you lack the skills to dismantle such items, save yourself the stress and hire A-1 Auto Transport.
- Reliability: When dealing with moving companies, you can be sure they will arrive and deliver professional services. They are bound by the contract and will perform accordingly to get paid. They ensure they are at their best to satisfy the customer. They also need the positive reviews to get more business.
Make your move to Haverhill effortless
- Advanced preparation results in a smooth move. Hire a reliable moving company and set a convenient moving date. Ensure the company sends an estimate after conducting a walk-through.
- Understand how long distance moves work before signing the agreement. Avoid underestimations since they result in additional expenses.
- Pack at least 80% of all belongings before moving day. Clear the pathways, book the elevator and reserve a convenient parking spot. Ensure the moving company is well facilitated to reduce the time and money used when conducting your move.
- You can use the U-Haul customer moving forum to exchange moving supplies like corrugated boxes, markers and straps.
- Document the condition of all items. Take clear photographs and create an inventory for all packed and loaded items. They can be used to justify compensation in case of damages or misplacements.
- Search the deep cabinets and high shelves to ensure no moving item has been left behind.
How to find a professional moving company in Haverhill
Check the Massachusetts Movers Association for the best intrastate moving companies. It is the oldest moving association in Massachusetts. They have useful long distance tips on how to identify illegal moving companies. All members are distinguished by the MMA logo.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Check whether the movers operating within Massachusetts are licensed by the Department of Public Utilities. The commission requires all movers to read the customer their rights and responsibilities before conducting the move. They inspect all moving vehicles and deal with customer-mover disagreements.
Use the AMSA to locate state to state moving companies. They educate the public about moving and may recommend the best moving company. All members adhere to a set professional code of ethics. Check for the Promover logo when dealing with the association’s members.
Movingscam.com lists all rogue moving companies in the country. They also name and shame companies providing sub-standard services. Movers who are frequently featured in the website inspire low confidence.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport has virtually any type of move you can think of. We frequently update our services to match international standards. You can bet on our 25 years of experience you will receive quality services at affordable rates.
Our moving services
- Affordable long distance moves
- Military moves
- Interstate moves
- Corporate relocations
- Office moves
- Pet transport
- Storage services
- Furniture moves
Check us out
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.