Hastings Long Distance Moving Companies
Hastings is the county seat of Dakota County, Minnesota. A portion of the city also extends into Washington County. It is located at the confluence of Rivers Mississippi, St Croix and Vermilion. They provide captivating scenes and recreational activities to over 25,000 residents. The Vermilion Falls is perhaps the most captivating site among all sceneries in Hastings. Hastings welcomes all visitors and has plenty to offer in terms of employment and adventure. Visit the hydroelectric power stations that run thousands of establishments in Dakota County. View the riverboat port where there are hundreds of large water vessels that provide boating activities. A-1 Auto Transport will make your move and vehicle relocation as smooth as possible.
Why you need a moving company
- Safety: When moving, you need to ensure all your items are delivered intact. Moving companies have a programme that strives to provide utmost safety. They wrap delicate items with bubble wrap and pack it amongst clothing. Furniture is dismantled and wrapped with plastic sheets to protect it from debris. The items are loaded by professionally trained personnel with the aid of advanced equipment. The trucks used are also well-equipped which ensures optimal safety.
- Organization: Moving companies plan for the move months in advance. They know how to pack and deliver the items and knowing the size of your move, they will plan their activities to stay within time. The personnel come prepared and fully focused on the move with standby teams in case of eventualities.
- Insurance: Moving companies are obligated by the law to provide the basic bodily-injury and property-damage insurance. They should also disclose all insurance information to the customer before signing the contract. Check the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association site to verify the insurance policy of moving companies.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best mover in Hastings
Check the Minnesota Transport Services Association for local moving companies. They register the most reliable movers operating within the state of Minnesota. When conducting an intrastate move it’s advisable to hire local moving companies.
All movers within the state are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Transport. They should be well-equipped and have updated insurance information before applying for the household items moving license.
Check whether the company performs an in-house survey free of charge. This is the first step when developing a convenient moving plan. Do not engage with moving companies that don’t provide free estimates.
Ensure that you are dealing with the company directly. Some companies use brokers to source for more business. They do not have the resources to handle your move so they outsource the work to a cheaper and unreliable mover. Use the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association to verify if the person you are dealing with is a broker.
Search for customer opinions from review websites. They have dealt with hundreds of moving companies over the years. They have useful moving information that can help you identify a reliable moving company.
Tips to make your move manageable
- Move during the off-season when fewer people are moving. This falls between the months of November and March. When summer approaches, more people tend to move which inflates the prices.
- Inform your neighbours and friends about your move. You can reserve the best parking spot for the company to avoid spending more time when loading your items.
- Long distance moves require professional packing. You can buy quality corrugated boxes which can withstand the long distance and weight of your items.
- Sort out your items and get rid of what you no longer use. It will reduce your moving weight and subsequent moving charge. Fewer items are less cumbersome since they take less time to pack.
- Pack items such as toiletries and clothes separately. The company could delay your delivery and you need these essentials on arrival.
- Ensure the company does not handle valuable items since the basic insurance only limits their liability to $0.60 a pound.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
Once you hire A-1 Auto Transport, you are sure of a satisfactory move from beginning to end. We have been in the moving industry for the last 25 years and our professionalism has only grown with time.
Our moving services
- Apartment relocations
- Pet transport
- Commercial moves
- Bulky furniture moves
- Interstate moves
- Intrastate moves
- Military moves
- Storage services
Get in touch
Call us on 1-888-509-3213 and speak with a moving expert. Fill out the form at the top of our page and receive great discounts if you are a first time customer. We assure our customers of a smooth moving experience at affordable rates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.