Harvey Long Distance Moving Companies
For centuries people have moved from one place to another in search of a better life or just to explore what’s on the other side. To make your move to the City of Harvey fun, you need a professional moving company that is familiar with the area. A-1 Auto Transport, an Illinois based moving company, has been in business since the 90s and has built a successful track record. Our services include vehicle relocation and storage facilities.
Top moving tips
- Create a plan: Write down a to-do list that will guide you in completing all the necessary tasks before moving day. You need to contact your utility companies and create a packing strategy. With this list, you’ll be able to complete each task with ease.
- Start preparing for your move early: The process of moving is taxing, and early preparation is key. If you intend to hire a professional moving company, you need to approach them early and book your date. If possible, move during the week when the rates are lowest.
- Set your budget: When moving, it’s important that you set a budget. Consider the type of services you want and their costs. Compare the rates of three or more companies and settle for one that’s affordable.
- Packing: Before you start packing, make sure you have enough packing supplies. Get extra boxes to avoid running back to the stores. Avoid overloading your boxes to prevent your items from falling out. Keep the weight below 50 pounds to carry the boxes with ease.
- Cleaning supplies: Clean all your items before moving to make it easy when arranging your new house. Pack the cleaning supplies last so that you can access them quickly when you move into your new place. Don’t forget to defrost your fridge.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional mover
- Moving to a different city or state is not as simple as gathering your household items and leaving. There are other factors involved when planning for a move. For a moving process to be executed successfully, professional movers have the solution to all this. They know how to organize your items and transport them safely from your old home to your new house.
- Your safety. The lifting of heavy items requires effort and can cause physical pain or even injuries. A visit to the hospital is an extra expense that can be avoided by hiring professional movers. They are trained to carry heavy and bulky items through any space with minimum risks. They have the muscle and experience to load your items safely and have them moved.
- A professional moving company has the appropriate equipment to make your move fast and efficient. They know the right tools to use to dismantle your furniture. They are equipped with dollies, ramps and furniture blankets to ensure that your items are delivered without any dents or scratches.
Finding a reliable mover
Research moving companies before making a decision. Check their ratings and reviews on trusted sites such as Yelp and the Better Business Bureau. Consumers leave comments based on their experience with a moving company. Check if your company is listed in the complaints section and how the complaint was resolved. Pick a company with lots of positive reviews.
Confirm that you are dealing with a licensed moving company. Visit the FMCSA website and search for your mover either by their name or using their USDOT Number. If you are moving within state borders, make sure the company is licensed by the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Consider hiring an insured moving company. Since you are entrusting your possessions to strangers, you need assurance that your items will be protected during the moving process. Movers are required to provide basic insurance coverage to your belongings. Ask for to be provided with a Certificate of Insurance so that you can verify its details.
- Vehicle transport
- Long distance moving
- Military relocation
- Interstate and intrastate moving
- Coast to coast moving
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Cheap Harvey movers
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
When you hire our services, we invest all our energy and time in your move to ensure you settle fast and comfortably. Our team is dedicated to providing all the support you need to make your transition easy. Trust A-1 Auto Transport for affordable and reliable moving services.
Contact us on 888-509-3213 and hire one of the best movers in Illinois. For free moving estimates, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.