Harrison Long Distance Moving Companies
In many people’s minds, moving probably just refers to the process of carrying stuff out of one premises, loading them onto a truck and delivering them to the new location. While that is true, it does not paint the full picture of everything involved in a move. The beautiful city of Harrison boasts of being an economic hub in New York. It was ranked among the top 10 best places to live in New York. If moving to Harrison let A-1 Auto Transport Inc move you. We also offer auto transport services.
As a mover, you should search for at least four moving companies in Harrison and compare their moving quotes against your moving budget. Once you have gotten the quotes get the four companies to do an on-site estimate.
Make sure that you show your in-house moving assessor everything you will need to move. Remember to show him or her what is in your basement, loft, garage and backyard; these are the less frequented areas in your premises. It is important to note that if you do not disclose everything that will be moved during this visit, the moving supervisor can contest the original estimate. The supervisor may require you to pay extra for this or they may refuse to carry out the move at the originally quoted price.
To avoid unnecessary accessorial services charges, engage your assessor about any conditions that might complicate your move. This might include narrow staircases, parking restrictions and lack of elevators.
Each of the four companies should then provide you with the following basic documents; a written estimate (should contain date and mover’s signature), bill of lading and moving inventory. For all interstate moves, the estimate should clearly describe the quantity and type of items to be moved, the distance to be covered, moving day, delivery day, value of insurance and any accessorial services that you might need.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
For interstate moves check to ensure that the company is giving you a binding not-to-exceed estimate or a written binding estimate. These two types of estimates restrain the mover from charging you more.
Once you pick your best mover make sure that they give you a written copy of their inventory on the moving day and compare it to yours so that you do not lose track of anything.
- Hire movers who have the ProMover Certification.
- Use the opportunity with the assessor to find out more about the company. This will help you determine if they are a great fit for your moving needs.
- Keep all your estimates and moving documents in a brightly colored folder.
- Give at least two phone numbers that your mover can reach you on before the move. Be available to supervise the move.
Our top-notch services
We serve Harrison with the best of our services in:
- All long distance moves including interstate moves
- Corporate moves
- All short distance moves including moving within the same building or town
- International auto transport
- Apartment moves
- Overseas moves
- Vacation moves
- Seniors moves
- Military moves
- Furniture moves
- Hoisting and rigging
- Flight service
A-1 Auto Transport Inc- your saving partner
- We have the most competitive moving rates in all of Harrison; get a free no cost quote.
- For interstate moves, we are allowed to charge for both the local in-house estimates and binding estimates. Because we value our relationship with our clients, we provide both of these for free.
- All our long distance moves are charged by the weight and the distance to be covered.
- We give great discounts for student moves, seniors moves and any military relocation.
- We give you free moving advice on how to cut your moving costs during the in-house assessment.
- We will not surprise you with additional hidden costs that will inflate your bill; we provide you with written binding estimates.
- We are highly flexible with our pricing. We work to fit within the customer’s budget.
- We have many customers who have loved our prices and services.
Contact us for your free quote
Fill the form at the top of this page and our agents will get in touch with you regarding our prices. If you need immediate service, call our customer service team on 888-509-3213 and one of our able representatives will assist you. Alternatively, you can drop us an email today at email@example.com and let us help you save on your next move. Efficiency and prices that you will love!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.