Harrisburg Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving house? You can choose your mode of moving but hiring a moving company is the wisest choice. They are experienced and have the resources to make the process smooth. In Cabarrus County, the state of North Carolina lies the city of Harrisburg. It is a relatively quiet city being a bedroom community of 15,000 residents. Notable attractions include the Charlotte Motor Speedway which hosts thrilling auto-track events each weekend. If you have a move planned, talk to A-1 Auto Transport. We also deal with vehicle relocations.
Why hire a moving company?
- Flexibility. Have you ever wanted things done when and how you want? Moving companies do exactly that when hired to assist with your move. They let you choose the moving day and the moving services you need. They work according to your efficiency which ensures you are satisfied with their services. In the event of a disagreement, the company swiftly and amicably resolves the dispute.
- Affordability. Moving companies use several techniques which will save you money. They handle all the moving tasks using skilled personnel and the right equipment. This ensures there are no accidents and consequently loses. Moving companies handle their activities fast and enjoy economies of scale which ensures they can give the customers affordable rates and discounts.
- Experience. Moving companies have experience with different kinds of moves. They handle moves on a regular basis which ensures they provide quality services. They know how to pack different types of items and load them in the safest manner. They also know the best routes to use when transporting your goods and how to navigate different road and weather conditions.
When handling a self-move, your inexperienced helpers are bound to cause one or two accidents during the move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Moving tips to choose a reliable mover
- Get a list of moving companies from the American Movers and Storage Association. They have thousands of moving companies dealing with different moving services. All members of the association have to operate according to the set rules and regulations. The association also works to improve the moving industry by eliminating rogue movers through the Promover programme.
- Consider how long the company has been in business. An experienced moving company knows the moving industry very well. They have dealt with almost all types of household goods and different terrains. You might own expensive goods and you cannot trust inexperienced movers to handle them.
- Check whether the company you want to hire is licensed. State to state moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association while local moving companies are licensed by the North Carolina Utilities Commission. All movers should have a valid household goods moving license and updated insurance information.
- Ask at least three moving companies for a quote and compare their services and rates. A quote is based on the number of items you want moved and the distance you are moving. Ensure you have an inventory of all items you want moved before calling the companies. Hire the company which has the most affordable rates, a convenient delivery window and free additional services.
Make your move flawless
- After you verify your desired moving company online, visit their offices to confirm their experience and equipment. They should also provide referees of clients that had moves similar to yours and they moved them successfully. Hire them at least three months in advance.
- Set your moving date between the months of October to May. This is the moving off-season. It has fewer people moving which ensures movers give the available customers better deals.
- Sort your load and get rid of items you no longer use. Ensure you move with the items you only need. Pack and sell the rest or donate them to
- Acquire moving supplies months in advance. It is necessary so as to avoid shortages as you approach moving day.
Why hire A-1 Auto Transport?
We have the skills and experience to make your move a smooth process. Our advanced equipment and professionally trained personnel will ensure you receive safe, swift and efficient services.
Our moving services
- Full-service moves
- State to state moves
- Storage services
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Furniture moves
- Small moves
- Senior moves
- Local moves
- Pet transport
Get in touch
Do you have moving questions or comments? Find us at A-1 Auto Transport or call us on 1-888-509-3213 to have all your questions answered. Fill out the form at the top of our page for a free moving quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.